MM Server 2 Updates

Check out Death Warrant's Invasion Server
Eric
Killer in Training
Xfire: Eric

So it seems that a few days ago there was a server update on Monster Mash RPG - Server 2. While those of us playing on the server have been able to figure out what most of the updates were, is there any way we can get an actual list of what the changes were?

Also, we have noticed that on several maps, the spawn points for monsters have changed. They seem to match the spawn points for the players. This is a problem on some maps where there aren't many spawn points because the monsters are literally waiting for you to ghost to that spawn point. Not sure if there is any way to fix this or not.

Thanks for any help in addressing the list of changes and any possible issues!!!
UT2004
Monster Mash Server 2
Weapon Master: Eric Level 331
Adrenaline Master: Eric2 Level 319
Medic/Monster Master: Eric3 Level 202
No Class: Eric4 Level 71
Eric
Killer in Training

Update: The spawning issues was very apparent on Xenomorph Facility. They tried to spawn in the drop ship which most larger monsters couldn't, so the map had very few monsters.
UT2004
Monster Mash Server 2
DW_Skittles
Site Admin

yeah i noticed on the bunker map there was not many monsters spawning.

I'm sure wail will post a change log when he see's this thread.
Eric
Killer in Training

Absolute Hell: No monsters spawn in later waves since the spawn points for the players are the cages.
UT2004
Monster Mash Server 2
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

Hey, thanks for the heads up. The update did make some changes to monster spawning but it shouldn't have changed anything on maps that don't feature MonsterStarts (a new feature I added in this update). If it has I will see about fixing that.

I haven't posted a changelog mostly because there were minimal changes that should be meaningful to players. This update was largely about just getting in DWInvasion working so that it could be updated.

Rough outline of changes:

-Added support for custom server and map-specific loading screens
-Disabled autotaunts automatically for players on the server ("Same Team!")
-Enabled chat macros in all-chat. Force teamchat to all-chat
-Flying and Spidering states (Boots of Flight / Electromagnet) feature improved controls
-Removed the EnhancedBooster mutator and incorporated EnhancedBooster as a default combo (can be activated with BBBB or BBFF).
-Fixed replication issues on ScoreFly and Krall monsters
-Added support for MonsterStarts - PlayerStarts that only monsters can spawn from

I will take a second look at the handling for monster spawning to determine whether anything unintentionally changed for the non-MonsterStart condition.

Edit: I have some suspicions about what's causing monster spawning issues. I will make an update tonight and hopefully have a fix good to go for tomorrow.
Eric
Killer in Training

[glow=red]Thanks Wail!![/glow]
UT2004
Monster Mash Server 2
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

Did an update tonight that I am pretty confident fixes this issue. I tested on AbsoluteHell and was able to see monsters spawning normally. Fix also seemed to resolve issues with monster spawning on my new map DM-Hyades. It should be good to go on the servers later.
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

While there are people looking at this thread: I really want to figure out a better system for handling Monster Level.

It's pretty clear to me that tying MonsterLevel directly to PlayerLevel as it currently is, is a pretty poor system, and so basically players rely on low levels existing and surviving for the game to be playable.

I'd like to implement a better system, and if you have some ideas I'd be willing to hear them. tasty has been suggesting a simple cap to the MonsterLevel. e.g. -- Monsters won't get more difficult if the last player standing is higher than X. That's a simple solution and it's something to consider. I would like to do something along those lines, but I think there are more elegant solutions out there. If you have an idea please feel free to suggest.
Eric
Killer in Training

Thanks for the fix. So far from what I've seen today it seems to be working well.

I have a question and possible solution for server crashes which lead to experience loss. How often does the server save player experience? I'm wondering if we could have it force save more often. Either on a time basis, or just after certain waves. The worst is when the server crashes after wave 1 with super flies, you lose between 1~2k exp. when that happens. Just an idea: Maybe force it to save at end of waves 1, 8 & 16. Or on some time frame, 5~10 minutes or something like that.

Is there ever a point that some of the discontinued skills will be purchasable again? I know things like Donor's Reward, Adrenaline Master Preview and Weapon Master Preview are for admin use only and donations. But what about Weapon Mastery, Life Shield and Sphere of Protection? This one is being selfish, is there any chance recall lvl 2 would be allowed to weapon masters? :thumbright:

As for monster level. I like the idea of a new cap, but maybe instead of just simply the "no higher than player level #" it could be that coupled with "matching the lowest level alive" (still the current way) and also, some possible way to account for the average player level once players lower than level 100 have died. Not sure if that's too complicated. But would make it still playable for lower levels but if/when they die still challenging for higher levels. Though that could make things more difficult, but you get the idea, some way to account for average player, maybe average player level divided by 2 or something like that.
UT2004
Monster Mash Server 2
tasty
Camper

A monster level cap on lowest player alive is the first step to go from. You could code it into rpg ini mutator. Adding a line. So player level will not go past a certain level.

If you want to test. Try getting level 200+ , 300+ weapons master or medic to test. What we want to see is the classes db deal damage to monsters enough and also max dr, 600+ of health and max adv dr able to give a run on map. Relying on luck, quickfoot, power jump, airmaster skills.

Capping monsters level help it. Since the seeker deal high damage when player level about 80. Not to mention deadly raptor. At about level 70+ their damage get deadly.

Wave 3 there a poison dino deadly too reducing your health fast.

The eye shoot some deadly projectile too.

A capping on monster level at 100 to 131 is the challenging waves to go for players.

I didnt include am globing. If you cap the monster level i think am double magic can be remove. And vorpal +10 or 11 back to the old dw days of vorpal. Piercing weapon could make way for another magic weapon.

2. You could also cap monster level for different waves. Low waves, mid waves, high waves different cap of levels. High waves cap level of 180.

3. Adding in more one two shot monsters. Something like titan rock or the nerf damage from lucifer apply to other monster in game but fire at slower rate so we could dodge it if we pay attention.
[font=fantasy]A true weapons master.[/font]