Help with offline setup

Anything and everything related to the Evolution server.
reywas
Killer in Training

I downloaded all of the required files and placed them in the correct folders. When I opened UT instant action, I saw the DW Monster Assault game play. I clicked it and applied all of the recommended Mutators. But when I go to select a map all the maps in my selection are from the Assault; such as Convoy, Glacier City, Junkyard... etc.... I cannot find the maps I added; such as Temple Run, Choco Wars, Temple Run... etc... Also, when I click "play" It goes to normal Assault with team versus team, all bots no monsters... There isn't a Leveling Menu either... Anyone know how to fix this?
Practice makes a man perfect.....But nobody's perfect..... .so why practice?
christmas
1337 Haxor

reywas wrote:I downloaded all of the required files and placed them in the correct folders. When I opened UT instant action, I saw the DW Monster Assault game play. I clicked it and applied all of the recommended Mutators. But when I go to select a map all the maps in my selection are from the Assault; such as Convoy, Glacier City, Junkyard... etc.... I cannot find the maps I added; such as Temple Run, Choco Wars, Temple Run... etc... Also, when I click "play" It goes to normal Assault with team versus team, all bots no monsters... There isn't a Leveling Menu either... Anyone know how to fix this?
MAPS in map list may not be shown the first time. so you need to close UT and re-open it....

where did you get the offline setup ?

the minimum required files to play are the SamplePackage files. If you have them properly installed, the only files you need next are the map file (*.ut2) and its dependencies for each map.
that's why => some maps may not be shown in map-list the 1st time...
maps with no dependencies require only the *.ut2 file (Cubes4all,TempleRun etc)

close and re-open UT.
reywas
Killer in Training

MAPS in map list may not be shown the first time. so you need to close UT and re-open it....

where did you get the offline setup ?

the minimum required files to play are the SamplePackage files. If you have them properly installed, the only files you need next are the map file (*.ut2) and its dependencies for each map.
that's why => some maps may not be shown in map-list the 1st time...
maps with no dependencies require only the *.ut2 file (Cubes4all,TempleRun etc)

close and re-open UT.[/quote]

The files I use are here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/53qcs6zjoufl ... SeIjwWJhea
I believe I got them off one of your earlier posts... I tried closing and re-opening but that didn't work either. The only thing in your instructions I did not do is instal the 'MegaBounusPack' I'm assuming this doesn't matter though.
I have tried this before and I get the same result.
christmas
1337 Haxor

reywas wrote:The files I use are here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/53qcs6zjoufl ... SeIjwWJhea
I believe I got them off one of your earlier posts... I tried closing and re-opening but that didn't work either. The only thing in your instructions I did not do is instal the 'MegaBounusPack' I'm assuming this doesn't matter though.
I have tried this before and I get the same result.
just try to open TempleRun or Cubes in editor
....\UT2004\System\UnrealEd.exe
if it gives you an error, or missing files, or it crashes, then obviously you didnt place all files or in their proper destination....

ps: the simplest server maps (TempleRun, Cubes and others) dont have dependencies and can simply run using the files from the SamplePackage....

try Replacing files only from the SamplePackage (which is an older MonsterAssault version) and see if that works....if it does then its the \System files corrupted or something....

you should make a new installation of UT2004 (clean) ....back it up....then overwrite all files ....

at any instance, for me it works every time, simply installing UT2004->MegaPack->patch->overwriting THESE files...and I am game ready (all that takes 5-10 mins max for me)
reywas
Killer in Training

Apparently I am missing a few files. When I open Temple Run in UT editor a load error pops up saying I am missing
AW-2k4XP, BenTropicalSM01, ONS-BPJW1, ONSBPTextures...
Different files for each map. I will repeat the steps again using the sample package instead of the more advanced package, although I don't really see how I can mess something so easy up... Thanks for your patience!
christmas
1337 Haxor

reywas wrote:Apparently I am missing a few files. When I open Temple Run in UT editor a load error pops up saying I am missing
AW-2k4XP, BenTropicalSM01, ONS-BPJW1, ONSBPTextures...
Different files for each map. I will repeat the steps again using the sample package instead of the more advanced package, although I don't really see how I can mess something so easy up... Thanks for your patience!
I got all the above files (in my OFFLINE setup).....you can download them 1. off google, 2. of the server re-direct, 3. do it the "clean" way....

since you are a noob at this, doing it for first time, you will have 100 missing files for each map.....
next time you read a README, at least follow the instructions at it....

the files: AW-2k4XP, BenTropicalSM01, ONS-BPJW1, ONSBPTextures are all also in my ONLINE setup... how is it possible to even be missing these files ???

since you seem lazy do the following:
0. unistall UT2004, and then remove the entire directory
1. install UT2004 (full)
2. apply cd-key
3. install MegaBonusPack
4. install patch 3369

5. extract "Sample Package.zip" size 26,5 MB
5b. place all files into respective folders (overwriting files if required)
do not screw this up....
textures go into \UT2004\textures
Maps go into \UT2004\maps
etc.....

6. start UT2004.exe -> Instant Action -> DWMonsterAssault
go to Mutators tab and add : Monster Assault RPG, Monster Threat Mutator, MutONSVehicleFix.
go to Maps tab and choose TempleRun map
hit Play...

this version has the following limitations:
1. no AMril
2. not all monsters shown (advanced monsters are replaced by krall)
3. old version of map TempleRun
4. old version of RPG

once this works, you will be able to populate your UT setup with the remaining files....using my dropbox link
reywas
Killer in Training

Thanks Christmas, it worked... And, it's not that I'm lazy it's just that I'm a noob :) Tried for several hours, lol... But I found out that it wasn't me screwing up it was my PC. Er, at least the virus on my PC.. Thanks !
christmas
1337 Haxor

reywas wrote:Thanks Christmas, it worked... And, it's not that I'm lazy it's just that I'm a noob :) Tried for several hours, lol... But I found out that it wasn't me screwing up it was my PC. Er, at least the virus on my PC.. Thanks !
"my pc has a virus" :spunch:
maybe your brain has a virus. if your pc has a virus, just clean it (AV).

ok, now you got 1 map only. (you can make a backup of entire UT directory as is, so that you dont do the above process again)
now you need to start populating your offline UT setup with the files from my dropbox.
place them into respective folders (overwriting when needed)

a workaround is: you can just extract the maps you wanna play (map files *.ut2) from your cache (from the online UT setup, or if you have a backup), using a software like UT2004Mi tools.... and then run the editor to see specific files missing and download just them...

ask if you have any questions.
reywas
Killer in Training

Already did that :) Works fine, Thanks.