Open Tournament

Talk about anything gaming related which is not covered by our game specific forums (i.e. new games coming out, gaming hardware, server suggestions, etc.)
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

Hey all,

This site isn't frequented too much anymore but I figured I'd pop a link in here regardless.

I and several other people are working on a spiritual successor to Unreal Tournament, which we are calling Open Tournament. It's a project that's being developed by the fans, and for the fans, intending to capture the best of UT as well as add new elements into the mix.

For those of you who've been players of Spam Vikings or Monster Mash you can probably assume that at some point I'd like to bring the best things from these servers into a new game with all kinds of nice stuff enabled by new technology and complete control over the game.

You can follow development here:

Open Tournament Site: www.opentournamentgame.com

EDIT:
Here's our first development log video showcasing some of our work to date:

https://youtu.be/YI7oDFif_R4

EDIT:
Here's our second video, showcasing some prototype weapon models:
https://youtu.be/fH2KusHNHC0

Open Tournament Discord
Last edited by DW_WailofSuicide on Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
joeblow
1337 Haxor

Thanks for the info.

Ill follow along!

I would like to spiff up the ONS server with new maps when things get settled down.

Also www.ceonss.org is very popular if you would like to post it the as the author.
joblow@bellsouth.net game contact email.
NahasapeemapetiloN1k

Wow wahwowowwow!! I will share this with my kidnappers, the Freon community :yes:
Spiritual successor ,This looks like a dream come true in the making.
DW_Hornet
DW Clan Member

Discord link is broken?
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

I think the Discord link worked since you managed to get on our Discord.
DW_Hornet
DW Clan Member

DW_WailofSuicide wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:39 am I think the Discord link worked since you managed to get on our Discord.
It's the one on the site that's I couldn't get to work.
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

DW_Hornet wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:31 pm
DW_WailofSuicide wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:39 am I think the Discord link worked since you managed to get on our Discord.
It's the one on the site that's I couldn't get to work.
Ahhh thanks for the heads up.
Justin

Thanks for the info.
Step by Step. I wanna wake up in the city that never sleep.

Seven_of_69
1337 Haxor

Looks cool. The programming would be beyond me but play testing is :bigsmile:. Would love to see Invasion in particular. I'm on Discord.
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin
Xfire: KarmaKat

The UT gaming faithful deserve this version of the game! I'm an old, somewhat decrepit fan of the series and I'd play this until my arms fall off! Go..GO...GO!!!!
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...