Attention: Change in scoring on the Server

Discuss all things related to our custom map 32 player ONS server
DW_ToxicWaste
Site Admin

All,

Thanks to our resident genius Snaggle, we now have the ability to force a best 2 out of 3 rounds scenario on the ONS server.

The way it works is that it forces all victories, be it in regulation or overtime, to award only one point. Therefore a goalscore of 2 means there will always be at least two rounds of a map, and sometimes three. This eliminates the possibility of the quickie 2 minute map where people were still loading, or getting familiar with a new map.

There are still a couple of maps there with a goalscore of 1, and they will obviously finish in one round regardless.

Hope you enjoy the new setup!

Thanks Snaggle!

Rich (TW)
* > Tommo
DW_ACY
DW Clan Member

My goodness how did we ever accomplich anything with out the services of Snaggle. You rock man... thank you Toxic and Wraith and Snaggle for all the work you do on these servers. Making this a great place to relax and have fun.

No shame, no dishonor, will run away to fight another day!
ACY
DW_e_aLpHa
DW Clan Member

- Wow, master Snag even have time to give us alittle of his great work for us at Spam Vikings ! . . I have to say that , this score point setup is just wonderfull . Thank You !

Edit: Now that we are on it, can we make Dreamus 4 Point GS? ha!
..:: Sworn to a Secrecy ::..
==||+ Beast Of Blood +||==
DW_Bomzin
Site Admin
Xfire: bomzin

WTG Snaggle . I think a T-shirt is in order . :wav:

Is this server side or client side , I guess the question is are you giving this to the rest of the UT community . Or is this like TOp secret crap .
DW_ToxicWaste
Site Admin

Up to Snaggle. Server side only.

Snaggle, would you like a T-Shirt? LOL.

Rich (TW)
* > Tommo
Zax_Gentoo_Box
1337 Haxor

Make bitchslap two points. I played a game of it yesterday and, without looking, concluded that the map would last about an hour. I was disappointed.
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

Excellent. The only reservations I have about this is that it kind of gets rid of the incentive to win in regulation time. Still, hope this makes for some more interesting games overall. Nice work.
DW_e_aLpHa
DW Clan Member

- I think there's only two reazons why you would wanna win a map in just 1 round ..

1 - IT's a TWL - ONS match .
2 - The map sucks so bad , that everyone just want to get it over with.

In Spam Vikings, everyone plays for fun and This defntly has a hell lot more Pros - Than Cons for sure..

On the other hand I'm with mr. Zax - make bitchslap back to 2 PGS.
:albino:
..:: Sworn to a Secrecy ::..
==||+ Beast Of Blood +||==
TapOut

Hey, is this available for the public to use?

Ive recently set up an onslaught server and would really like to use this scoring system.
JDub
Killer in Training

I'd like to know as well.