So your a mapper? Read this please.

Check out Death Warrant's Invasion Server
DW_BrainPan
DW Clan Member

JulianKingOfNothing wrote:I'm working on a map, but I've added to much adren there, cuz I don't know how to add the big 75-150 adren pills..
Anyone can help me with how to add those jumbo adren pills
Open a map that already has the big pills in it.
Right click on one of the pills and select copy.
Open your map (without closing the editor) and right click on the floor somewhere near where you want to place it and select paste -> here.
You can then open the properties of the pill and set its adren amount and spawn time to whatever you want.
Copy this pill and place/modify it elsewhere in your map as you desire.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who read binary, and everyone else.
4013 is only a FAD
And 2989? Well that's just BAD
JulianKingOfNothing
1337 Haxor
Xfire: dont remember

I've tried doing that, looked like an hour on the internet for invasion maps, but they were all with small pills.
And the dw-filefront page is down :s
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin
Xfire: KarmaKat

JulianKingOfNothing wrote:I've tried doing that, looked like an hour on the internet for invasion maps, but they were all with small pills.
The DW FileFront page with the Monster Mash maps is working. Click on the "Downloads" button. :D

KKat

:flower:
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
JulianKingOfNothing
1337 Haxor
Xfire: dont remember

Good work DW ! :cheers:
DW_BrainPan
DW Clan Member

JulianKingOfNothing wrote:I've tried doing that, looked like an hour on the internet for invasion maps, but they were all with small pills.
I'm sure you have dozens of them in your cache (extract one). I think all the maps I've made have adren kegs in them except PacMonster. You probably have one/both of the Adara maps in your cache (they are played frequently).
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who read binary, and everyone else.
4013 is only a FAD
And 2989? Well that's just BAD
WHIPperSNAPper
1337 Haxor

Invasion is one of the few UT games (between UT99, UT 2004, and UT3) that still has people who play it regularly. So, perhaps it really would be worth my while to pump out some maps.

If I wanted to start making maps for the DW server, would I need to download and install anything special or can I just make maps with the regular UT 2004 Editor? Also, for map testing purposes, what Invasion mod should I download?
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

WHIPperSNAPper wrote:If I wanted to start making maps for the DW server, would I need to download and install anything special or can I just make maps with the regular UT 2004 Editor? Also, for map testing purposes, what Invasion mod should I download?
The standard editor will do the trick. You don't need any mods, resources, or unique mutators to make a functional map for DW Invasion.

Of course you could snatch the custom adren pills from other maps, but that's not necessarily a requirement.
As for testing, the server changes the monster roster quite frequently, so it wouldn't be worth your time to download all the monsters just to simulate a temporary accurate test.

Testing is mostly based on prediction. In instant action, monsters will always spawn near you, instead of around other players (In this case: the bots). You just gotta predict where players will hide, where are the monster's hot spots, where are potential glitch spots, where would players abuse some camping spots (link or mine spam), and where do the monsters spawn most frequently.

Last thing to mention that queens may teleport wherever there's a navigation point.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

Hey, I Have Created A Few Maps For Inv, All Including The Adren Kegs, I've Tested Them And They Seem To Work Alright, I've Included Secret Rooms, For Those Who Like To Try Keep Safe, My Only Problem Is, How Tall Is Luci? How Many UU, 512? less? As This May Cause Me Problems.
Who/Where Should I Post My Maps?
KageOni[]
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

I would suggest 768, just to be safe.

It sounds like it's going to be a tiny map, please don't place the mine layer there, or we'll be stuck with another DevilsDen.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

Okay :ssmile: I think my Map Was A Bit small Anyway I'll Scale It Up Twice the size :ssmile: