New Weapon Modifiers!

Check out Death Warrant's Invasion Server
DW_Wraith
DW Clan Member

We will be testing out new weapon modifiers on server 2 on Sunday April 27, 2008. Sometime in the afternoon, Server 1 will remain the same for now, and I hope you will be excited about the new abilities of these modifiers done by WailofSuicide. Here is the list of the new ones, another post by Wail will explain what they are:

DWCritical - on hold, not available
DWEarth
DWManaShield
DWPlunder
DWReloading
DWRetaliating
DWPetrification - replaces Null, nearly identical to it...
DWFlight
DWHover

We will be adding these to the existing ones already there, hope you like the new changes when they take place. Please remember they are new and if we find a bug, or glitch, they will be changed or whatever is appropriate.

For the time being, Plunder will not be available, since we still need some more modifications done, but that still leaves 5 new modifers.

Looks like wail forgot to mention the negative versions of these modifiers, hopefully soon it will be addressed....
Last edited by DW_Wraith on Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

Some brief explanations on what each of these new weapon modifiers do - Please be aware these modifiers are subject to change in future revisions based on playtesting.

DWCritical - A vorpal effect available for rapid-fire weapons such as the Link Gun, Minigun, and MP5. Overall damage bonus and chance to instantly kill monsters is reduced to accommodate faster firing speeds of these weapons.
DWEarth - This modifier reduces knockback from enemy weapons, adds a 10% piercing effect (10% of the damage you deal ignores monster DR), and gives some specialized protection against Titan rocks.
DWManaShield - Damage you take goes to Mana (adrenaline) before draining Health. Modifier determines how effective each mana point is at absorbing damage. Starts with each mana point worth 2.19 health points, increases to 4.79 health points.
DWPlunder - Improves a monster's chances of dropping loot, or better loot.* Damage dealt by this weapon is 20% piercing and attacks have a chance to steal ammunition or shields from monsters.
*Note, this feature is not totally functional as of DWRPG100 release.
DWReloading - Shooting an allied player of your team (but not yourself) will restore ammunition for his currently held weapon. Has a chance to trigger an ammo regeneration effect for a few seconds.
DWRetaliating - When you take damage, the monster that dealt that damage has it returned to them and then some. Retaliation effect starts at 219% damage taken and increases to 394% damage taken.
DWPetrification - Basically it is the replacement for the Null.
kefka

This new weapon modifiers should be good :D looking forward to try them tomorrow,especially the critical one,and also wanna see how low lvs will work around with the reloading one helping each others.

Gj Wraith and Wail :cheers: :cheers:
DW_ImAnArmyMan
DW Clan Member
Xfire: ImAnArmyMan

Wow cool. Sounds like some fun. Well be there sunday afternoon (nighttime for me).
\m/ ^___^ \m/
superchav
1337 Haxor

1 word, NICE
superchav
1337 Haxor

BTW is it possible we could have a multi magical weapon modifier like, Zen coders mp5 of Infinite Energy+2 2 as the max since its a coupled magic type

or Linkgun of Sturdy nulling
superchav
1337 Haxor

woot first game vorpal minigun of strike or summit :P
superchav
1337 Haxor

Wail we discovered what we believe r the negative versions of these weapons could you explain what these r and what they do
hamburger

I love you Wail. :)

I like the vorpal effect and the ammo reloading. I hope someone with that weapon would shoot a medic with some ammo bonus.

:flower:
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

superchav wrote:BTW is it possible we could have a multi magical weapon modifier like, Zen coders mp5 of Infinite Energy+2 2 as the max since its a coupled magic type

or Linkgun of Sturdy nulling
Infinite Energy weapon - So you want an "I WIN!" button?

It's possible, just don't expect me to make anything that's obviously imbalanced like that. Also, if you wanted to make combinations for every magic weapon type you're talking about something like N-factorial possible combinations. FYI, 10! = 3,628,800. So indiscriminate combinations is not going to happen.

Some of the existing modifiers that aren't very good may get a boost, but at the moment I'm mostly looking at new things. And the aim is to introduce good new choices for players, not remove choices by making things so good that other choices are obsolete.