New Weapon Modifiers!

Check out Death Warrant's Invasion Server
DW_Wraith
DW Clan Member

Wail - What about having some of the new weapon modifiers being an artifact that can be applied to a weapon? Maybe not all necessarily being from a drop, maybe adding it to a WM only, much like certain artifacts are given to adrenmasters? And having it so that some are tossable to others and if needed some are for WM's only...... just a thought to consider...

That may help when rolling weapons as the pool of weapons wanted gets harder if all the new stuff is added there.
hamburger

I agreed with Wraith idea.

How about energy weapon artifact for adren master? And a null weapon artifact for weapon master?

Because the chances to spawn or rolling them can be quite low sometime...

I wonder is it possible for the two class to spawn with that? Or let the monsters drop those two out. New flavour for sweety bun :)

For medics - I would like to see a healing blast modifiers that could heal a group of players that is near the medic up to higher number of health and at a wider distance.

I wish i could help but i know nothing about it.

:cheers:
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin
Xfire: KarmaKat

My two cents....

Having built my second adren master on server 2, I would certainly prefer to not load the stack of weaponry any further with additional weapon types. It takes long enough to roll the required weapons now, we certainly don't need to cut our chances even further by adding more possibilities to roll through.

I like the idea of a single use artifact if that's possible. Whether it's a dropped artifact from a monster or something that comes already equipped needs further consideration. I'd lean towards a dropped artifact...after all, one of the basic principles of RPG games is "rolling the dice"...I wouldn't want to remove the luck factor by just handing someone a d20 that always comes up 20 on every roll!

I have reservations about giving weapon masters and adren masters any sort of permanent artifact that allows them to make a specific weapon type. It could unbalance things quite a bit...every adren master having ALL the energy weapons on wave 1 (4 different adren peeps each roll a different weapon then toss and copy). If you give that ability to weapon masters...similar thing...but maybe not quite as unbalanced...would depend on what weapon type it would produce and whether or not that type was copyable.

Whatever the outcome, I just gotta say...Wail...you ROCK!!! :cheers:
Mere thanks aren't enough for all the work you've done!

KKat
:flower:
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

Well ... I don't really want to get too much into a public discussion on what possible solutions are out there. I have some ideas on what I want to do on that front, and while you're free to offer suggestions that's not exactly what I was looking for. Mainly just looking for feedback on where people would prefer I spend my time at the moment.

Suffice it to say I don't think it would be a good idea to ever give AMs a straight up Energy weapon maker, and I don't foresee myself making one. Most everything else is still up in the air.

@Nightmorph: I've got a new revision of DWRPG coming up soonish. Which will (knock on wood) fix the reloading superweapons thing, and also fix the ammo regeneration bonus (which doesn't currently work).
superchav
1337 Haxor

nightmorph wrote:@Wail:
Much appreciated. I don't know where we'd be without you. :)
Street Corners :)
Desko
1337 Haxor

I'd like to respectfully offer the Medic weapons that I came up with months ago as possible additional weapons. Though, I haven't played in forever, so I don't know how Medics are looking right now.
When submersed in a liquid, creatures with lungs are typically unable to breathe.
DW_Cheapshot
DW Clan Member

after wave 12 medics are garbage, must hide full time,
medics are good only for hiding and healing after 11.
no mater what level he or she is unless warps the game like kafka.
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Emerson
DW_Wraith
DW Clan Member

Just don't take my suggestions too highly. Just wanted to throw things out there to keep the creative juices flowing, and sometimes it can help bring forth something new to the mix when you read them, no matter how ludicrous they may seem at first.

I'm happy with the server as is, and am grateful to the community of people who have had a hand in making it what it is today, from the mappers to the scriptors and also the players. Cheers to all! Long live Invasion and UT2004.

:cheers:
DW_Mobius
DW Clan Member
Xfire: redeemermma

What about having the ability of selecting items/artifacts you do not want to spawn with? i.e. WM's who don't want the Bio Rifle, Medics who don't want to spawn mantas, or AM's who don't want Electro-Magnets..
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

Redeemer wrote:What about having the ability of selecting items/artifacts you do not want to spawn with? i.e. WM's who don't want the Bio Rifle, Medics who don't want to spawn mantas, or AM's who don't want Electro-Magnets..
Toss the weapon/artifact. It'd be more work to allow you to adjust that than it's worth.