A night for remembering DW>Damn_Weasel

Discuss all things related to our custom map 32 player ONS server
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin
Xfire: KarmaKat

Spam Viking Addicts, server regulars and anyone who has ever had a "Weasel moment" in Spam Vikings! ;)

We are planning to have "A Night for Weasel" this coming Tuesday, July 1st, starting at 8:00pm Central time in Spam Vikings.

If you've ever had a "Weasel moment", (remember staring at the grill of the 'Bender right before you got that crushing feeling? Or being shelled unmercifully by Weasel in a tank?) please recount it here along with map name if you can remember it. We're planning on playing some of Weasel's favorites and if your anecdotes are map specific, we'll try to work those in as well!

We are also going to have a moment of silence and a memorial at or near 8:30pm Central. Please be watching text chat, where we'll announce when it's coming up.

We all grieve in our own ways....but I think I knew Walter well enough to believe that he'd much rather have a party than a bunch of long faces. The silence is our respect for our fallen brother and fellow player...the games will be a celebration of Weasel and the time he spent with us and the game he loved to play.

Hope to see you then!

KKat
:flower:
Last edited by DW_KarmaKat on Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
Nammy
Camper

I will be absent from the game, but I will def take a moment on that day to give a prayer with you guys
Ummm... Ice Cream :icescream:
Ummm... SaltyPeacock :tongue8:
DW_Mobius
DW Clan Member
Xfire: redeemermma

I will be absent as well. I'll either be driving or moving in furniture at my new apartment...
Flak_Monkey
Camper
Xfire: flakmonkeyjared

I will be there if I don't work that night.
"But the not-self cannot have the bad, meaning they of the government and the judges and the schools cannot allow the bad because they cannot allow the self."
kaeolian
1337 Haxor

Ill be asking for the next day off work as that will be silly oclock in the morning for me but fingers crossed ill get the time off and be there :cheers:
Aih PittaH TeH F00l !!!1!11

BigBadWolf
Killer in Training

I will make it a point to be there.

Three things that come to mind when playing UT with Weasel other than our frequent ribbing of each other.

1. Getting shelled constantly from all the way across the map on Bathroom. I swore he was botting! :)

2. Weasel was one of the few players that could take me out first when we were both in Minos on Tank-Me-Up.

3. I frequently killed Weasel with the twin beams from the bender when he was in a manta. He kept yelling at me not to do it because it scared the shit out of him every time.

I MISS YOU WEASEL!
Zax_Gentoo_Box
1337 Haxor

Thank you, I can make it! That 7EST, right? Yes! Now.. Damn its been so long. OK, this was back when we were both SVA, I was playing this HUGE map, and was pretty much the only person doing anything on my team. Bam, SVA>Damn_Weasel joins, and on my team! SVA started jumping in, we had 4 I think. Was a good game after that. (for reference on the map, its two sides separated by a frozen river going east/west, I think, with boats that have nodes at each end. There's also a node in the middle of the river, and a bunch of snow-covered hills).

Man it sucks that Weasel's gone, I didn't even get a chance to say "hey" one last time.
DW_Ifondlesweaters
DW Clan Member

KarmaKat wrote: We all grieve in our own ways....but I think I knew Walter well enough to believe that he'd much rather have a party than a bunch of long faces. The silence is our respect for our fallen brother and fellow player...the games will be a celebration of Weasel and the time he spent with us and the game he loved to play.

Hope to see you then!

KKat
:flower:

Well said, Karma. I love the real purpose of an Irish wake--to send the newly departed on their way with a celebration rather than a traditional "funeral." All death is tragic, but for me, mourning is so much more cathartic if it can be relaxed, enjoyable, positive, and nostalgic. I'll be drinking Jameson the entire evening in honor of our friend, so please forgive me if I slur more than usual.
Inspector
1337 Haxor

Inspectoooorrrrrrrrr will be there. Let's have a good time for our dear friend. :drunken:
Adrenaline Master - Inspector lvl 232
Medic - Camisado lvl 255
Weapons Master - Valor lvl 114
BRYAN_OF_OYBRO
Pro but Noob

I'd like to be able to make it in to pay my respects, but I can't, so I'll do it here.

I remember having a blast back when we were all SVAs getting together for practices to try and figure out how to beat those DWs in the scrimmages. Great memories that I won't soon forget. I feel for the loss of a member of your team.

If they have video games in the after life, we all know he'll be kicking ass and taking names!

Rest in peace Weasel.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------