UT3 $9.90 (limited time)

Post links/info/coupon codes for hot deals you find on the internet
DW_BrainPan
DW Clan Member

For those who've been waiting/debating.

http://www.gogamer.com/viewproduct.htm? ... =900091808

-BP
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who read binary, and everyone else.
4013 is only a FAD
And 2989? Well that's just BAD
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

lol, it seems like that person is dissapointed in the game. Do you think he is returning to 2k4?
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

I think it is taking up too much space in Their inventory so they decided to sell it and replace it with..... Nothing. better than ut3 in there :D
My UT3 is currently supporting my webcam above my printer
Last edited by superchav on Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
KillaDEATH
Camper

That person? Did you guys even click on the link or are you just forum spamming as usual? The price is 12.90 now. UT3 is actually a pretty good game if you have the system to run it right. The thing I don't like about it is the lack of invasion. It looks great on my machine.
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Alright KillaDeath, I'll be honest in what I think of that game...

I think it looks wonderful. Graphics are awesome, levels are diverse & detailed. Their CTF-Face looks excellent.

Now for the bad :(
I have the demo in my computer, I played it several times. My computer is barely capable running that thing. I've set the res to minimum & all details to lowest. I'm running around 5 fps with only 2 bots.
Not only that everything looks like PlayStation 1 graphics, I'm still getting wasted by bots at novice difficulty.

One of my friends has this game on his PlayStation. I played/"tried out" online for a week or so, & I wasn't too happy about it :(
It just didn't have the "community feel" on it. I guess it's the fact that I love the people online in UT2k4 makes this (2k4 game) great. Maybe when everyone moves to UT3, I'll like it but now isn't the time.

When UT2k4/3 first came out, I wasn't happy with it at first, mainly because the community & my friends was still playing UT classic. Since things changed, I'm now playing (still playing) UT2k4.

Overall:
I don't think it's worth $400 for a new video card & RAM & all that stuff for simply the same game, juiced up in Steriods (with a weak community).

I'm sorry if this dissapoints you, but that's how I feel about UT3 when I posted this reply.
I assure you though; once the community moves to UT3, I'll be there with them :)
Last edited by DW_Ant on Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FFE466

The game is awesome itsself, but the community killed it.

Forum spamming? its called having opinions etc.
So maybe you should learn the diffrence between people who are active on forum and post in most topics and those who spam useless stuff :)

And.. Most gamers now-a-days have good pc's and can run this game with ease. So my opinion is based on the gameplay and community, which would give it a 3/10 in my book. Maybe when theres a UT3 DW server we will have a better opinion.
ImageImage
KillaDEATH
Camper

Ok so you were both responding as if BrainPan was linking someone who was selling their copy of UT3. Unless that link was changed since then, you get sent to a retailer selling UT3 for the price in the topic. I still say for the price it's a pretty good game but you need the computer to run it no matter what price it is today.

As for your excuse for not wanting the game, that reminds me of the Microsoft Mojave commercials. There are many people here with the machine to run it at full detail that don't like it. You on the other hand don't have the machine to run it so haven't actually played it. The community isn't there because no one is playing the game. There have been countless complaints from the UT2k4 crowd. Some of them legit and others just plain silly. There have also been quite a few people I've noticed spreading the hate for this game for whatever reason which is why I bring up the Microsoft Mojave experiment. If you can't run it or haven't even played it on a machine that can then how would you know how it looks and plays? If you're just saying you won't play it because your friends aren't playing it then just say that. For the record, I think it was Toxic that said it has some server side issues that caused DW to dump it. Who knows if that has ever been ironed out but I do know that atleast one DW member (Skaank) still plays often. I haven't played in quite a while but I remember Skaank being quite good at it. From what i can tell there is way more than half of the people who still play UT2k4 can't run UT3 the way it should be. That very same reason contributes to why they are still playing UT2k4. Now I'm sure I'll hear it from those who do have an updated machine or close to it.....
KillaDEATH
Camper

Oh and StuperChav, Do I really need to point out all of your replys to topics where you say nothing? Add nothing to the discussion? Is that what you call your opinion? Maybe you should re-read your response to this very topic and think a little harder about what you call "active forum member". As I look up at the forum I see the title Hot Deals.....
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Alright, I don't want to see this arguement any further.

Let's calm down & end this thing plz.

FFE466

Arguement? Quite funny.... D2boss I was only responding to your honest opinion with an opinion. Not even close to arguement.

I know you don't know me but many of the DWClan members do. I'm sure they'll tell you I'm as calm as I'll ever be. I don't think you are in the position to tell BrainPan when he can post "HOT DEALS" in his clans forum. That is what this topic is about right?