Modern Warfare 2 (COD6)

Anything and everything related to COD4
Damnidge
1337 Haxor

If legit dedicated servers are added then I'll get the game. But if it's just a hack that allows someone to host a dedicated server then I'm still not sold.
Don't forget you also need the price to drop to at least $50 and there to be lean added before you buy it. :swink:
Cheers, Damnidge
Damnidge
1337 Haxor

So talking about this with some friends I figured out what my disagreement really is. It has nothing to do with the complaints listed in this thread, as I really do understand the clan perspective and feel the points are 100% valid. They didn't consider the feelings of the competitive play and map making communities with these changes. I think what bothers me is the expectation that others who are casual and not clan oriented boycott the game. If the game does what I want it to do, and I have fun playing it, then there shouldn't be a reason for me to boycott it. I mean, if they killed some baby kittens or used sweatshop slaves to make the packaging then sign me up, but other than that I think people who want to boycott can, but those who want it shouldn't be made to feel stupid for not finding the points of debate crucial to their gaming existence.

As far as the game is concerned, I'm up to rank 25 in multiplayer and I'm having fun with the new weapons. I have not played the campaign or co-op missions yet, so I should probably do that and report back. Has anyone else with the game done either of these? I'm kind of curious about the co-op missions after seeing the video where one person is on the ground and the other is in the AC-130.

Take it easy all, and I really do hope they wise-up and create an option for dedicated servers for everyone here competing in CoD4. Good luck with tonight's 4v4 match!
Cheers, Damnidge
DW_Damaged
DW Clan Member

Damnidge wrote:Don't forget you also need the price to drop to at least $50 and there to be lean added before you buy it. :swink:

Yea that to!
DW_Mobius
DW Clan Member
Xfire: redeemermma

KillaDEATH wrote:
DW_Bomzin wrote: Isn't who ever is hosting the game at a big advantage, ping wise , over those that are connecting to him ?
So far as I can tell, it doesn't appear to be obvious who the host is. Many of the rounds I've been in I've scored at or near the top and have yet been able to tell if I'm hosting or not. Maybe I need to read up on the tell tale signs of hosting.

I did play yesterday during the morning and had some bad experiences with ugly connections. When I selected "Find Game" it started going through a process I hadn't seen before. Something to the effect of looking for games >50ms then it went to >60ms, 70ms, >80ms, >90ms, when it hit >100 it all disappeared and back to normal round starting. It was ugly and I ended up disconnecting which the game says counts as a loss for those of you who worry about that. lol Anyway, while going through this process it was saying it would find something like 19 possibilities(full games I assume) and then go on to the higher ping value. This left me with the thought about an issue this raises for dedicated servers. Their systems seems to work as I've said before but not without issue. I don't want to play in a game where I have bad connection. Their system will put you in such a game if nothing else is available. You have to choose your game type before it starts looking for a game for you to join. If I can't join something with a decent connection then I would rather select another game type. The odd thing about it is that ~100ms isn't that bad. But when I was playing it wasn't the response time(ping), it was more of the sporadic lag issues of either a bad host or my connection to the host wasn't the greatest. Later on in the day it seemed more games opened up and these issues went away. I couldn't help but think about how dedicated servers would allow me to choose a game that they are already playing and if it's full I then choose what I want to do about it. This sounds like a pingsnob to me but it only makes sense to me.

Pingsnob = A player who ONLY plays where his/her ping is low.

There's your word of the day.

Mobius the column you pointed out looks odd. Normally when I'm playing that column is full with 4 and 3 bars in green. I think it will show yellow when it is lower but most in game will be green. I'm going to guess that was a private match. I know I've played with Skillz and Army and I think Skillz was 3 bars green while I think Army went back and forth between green and yellow. Point being these guys live thousands of miles away from Texas and still able to play with Big Daddy...

As for TWL, I'm still quite sure IWnet could assist in and maybe even make a better way to record matches along with all the other stipulations comps would require. I'm wondering if someone from TWL or even just the comps community have contacted IW about this. It would seem fairly easy to do seeing as how the game engine is still the same as COD4 and CODWAW. As Army pointed out, their system might actually even work better than those other games but adapted to have a little more control. I'm curious though, why do you need to see the rules of a server before a comp? Aren't there set rules? If not, then why aren't they set? I would think with set rules in a league you should assume those are the rules set by the host. If this isn't the case then why are you in this comp?

Killa[DEATH]
Supposedly you can edit your .ini to have 10 bars or so and each bar counts for ~10ms ping. This guy did it before he took the screenshot.
DW_ImAnArmyMan
DW Clan Member
Xfire: ImAnArmyMan

Damnidge wrote:S I have not played the campaign or co-op missions yet, so I should probably do that and report back. Has anyone else with the game done either of these?
This was the first thing i did when I picked up the game. I like playing Single player always first since is give you an insight into the game and what it all has. The story line continues from where it left of at on COD4 and makes several twists and turns in order to keep you going.it also teaches you of certain add ons to weaps or the new ones and what they do. I really would recommened those who have the game to take a poke into the story line behind it.
\m/ ^___^ \m/
DW_Snaggle
DW Clan Member

I am in no way making any commentary on the game or those that play it.

This is just plain funny (the parody is too):

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/11/18/brit_gamer/

Snaggle.
Damnidge
1337 Haxor

Snaggle LMFAO Thanks for posting that, although I feel my IQ dropped a bit watching it =P I couldn't get a handle on why he is so pissed; does he say he couldn't beat it somewhere in that rambling mumbloid speech, or is it just a general dislike for it?

Seriously though, someone needs to get that kid some anger management, and definitely refer him to an orthodontist.
Cheers, Damnidge
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Wow! Now that's a great actor!

Unfortunately, I do not understand what he is complaining about. Can someone translate him for me? I only could translate:
Brit wrote:"Okay I been playing CoD for 17 hours. I'm upset. I got milk on my lips because I don't care. Who cares if I make a mess. So I punched the wall twice. I'm so upset" ::Crunch pow punch Bam:: "Ow!" ::punches a few more times and whines some more...no hole in wall though:: "I don't care. I got blood on the wall now. I hate CoD Modern Warfare 2. Worst game ever...."
(foul language removed).
From here all I heard was mumbling. I can't translate his reasons.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

From what I can tell:
1) he's pissed that after 17 hrs straight he "can't get into it"; and
2) he thought it would be "like COD 5 with better weapons and stoof (aka stuff)".

Both pretty lame excuses to hit solid brick/concrete walls (as most
houses in the UK are constructed) with your bare fists. :tard: :spunch: :tard:

Snaggle.
Damnidge
1337 Haxor

someone already made a gif from it lmao

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v344/ ... cks100.gif
Cheers, Damnidge