FaceGen is sweet! ...and look, it's me!

UT3 should be coming soon with a new gametype, improved vehicles, and MORE PLAYERS! Death Warrant will be there with hardware to spare!
Savage
DW Clan Member
Xfire: savagedogg38

Here is a little video of my computer generated face done with a couple very bad photos but FaceGen did and excellent job. Heck, even my computer generated self is sexy!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B88ktz6Nhtk[/youtube]

By the way, if you would like to check it out for yourself, they offer a demo that puts a nasty symbol on your forehead but... eh, whatever. I would like to see some more peoples generated heads on here but maybe you're too chicken?
The site is here

Me!
Image Me as a black man...
Image Me as a woman with facial hair...
Image It even has morphing capabilities. Check it out!
Image Image Maybe this is why I never smile... eh?
Image It looks like I am choking the sh*t out of someone and enjoying it a little too much... Looks like fun!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoWlLf4XzXw[/youtube]
DW_Fry
DW Clan Member

Sweet program! Here's what it thinks I look like... it sort of got the face right, but my head and ears are a bit off. I'm sure it'd turn out better if I'd used profile shots also:
Image Image
(Under Team Deathmatch)
Savage
DW Clan Member

Yea, it's not perfect but it gets damn close. Mine was off just a tad and I used two pictures, neither photo was a perfect front or side either. I think it does get close enough that through a little tweaking in Blender it should set it up almost perfect. I plan to make a character of myself for UT3 sometime in the future. I do like that it uses your picture as a texture and converts it to UV for you which is very nice. Have you played with the morph targets?

Plus, with MakeHuman, you have everything you need to make anybody in 3D and send it to Blender for fine tuning. You don't need to do anything at all hardly.
DW_Fry
DW Clan Member

DW_Savage wrote:Yea, it's not perfect but it gets damn close.
Yeah it does. Especially considering that it seems to work by cycling through prefab facial features and determining which one is closest to your picture.
(Under Team Deathmatch)
Savage
DW Clan Member

If you get a chance, check out makehuman also.