DM-Crossfire-Extended - some problems

Mapmaking? Modeling? Discuss all that stuff that's too complicated for most mere mortals here.
DW_Apok@lypse
DW Clan Member
Xfire: apokalypse86

I try to make a trailer or a preview video for that map :sbigsmile: .
i have learned a bit more about the scene manager or matinee stuff :scool: .

If there is somekind of problem with the map please post. Thanks for all :ssmile: .

Apo :sbigsmile:
Energy-Plant -> Elimination-Chamber -> Crossfire-Xtreme -> Anniversary
Nano-Technics -> Choco-Wars -> Dragon-Tower ->
(Next Map Fall 2016) Survive
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Hello Apo,

I've been wanting to say this over vent, but then again, I don't want to keep you waiting. We were really astound with your latest project, Crossfire. You've really outdone, yourself this time!

I would really like to get this one on the servers soon as possible, but there are some problems that may need addressing:
  • At the very beginning of the match, you may notice the explosion occurring off in the distance. What you could do is move the emitter far away from the map (if one corner of a sprite passes the fake backdrop, UT will render the entire thing).
    -or-
    You could simply set the emitter's properties to bHidden = true. Adjusting this property shouldn't hurt your trigger since the triggers only use the emitter array part rather than the actor's properties, itself.
  • A hoverboard could be a neat addition to the map. You may download any map containing the hoverboard and copy/paste the actor InvVehicleFactory (should appear as a No Parking Sign).
    Word of caution though, you got to double check that your staticmeshes bUseSimpleKarmaCollision (found in the static mesh browser) is set to false. Otherwise the hoverboards will fly through the meshes.
    Another thing to check are the movers, by default the bBlockKarma is set to false on movers, if the mover is a door, you should check that to true.
    But remember that the hoverboard is completely your choice if you want it or not. Just throwing this option out there incase you want to know how to enable the hoverboard.
    Don't forget to add the -SE (miniboss) and -HB (hoverboard) to let map voters know what your map includes.
  • When the trials expired, the mover didn't kill me (movers aren't very consistent during net play). You should use volume triggers instead to remove tardy people ;)
  • When I went through the trials, I made it to this one room (won't let others know where it took me), but the problem is that there wasn't a way out. I was stuck in there until I ghosted out (The miniboss was alive so the waves didn't progress).
  • I won't download the map to investigate this problem (due to temptation on cheating what the buttons do), but in trial one, the queens teleporting in there were completely invisible. I'm not sure what volume you placed in there. The queens really prevented us from progressing the first trial until the monsters timed out (thank goodness for the miniboss from preventing the wave progression). Sorry, I'm getting sidetracked here. Pretty much you should prevent the queens from spawning in there (move all navigation points, in this case the teleporter, close to the walls so the queens won't have the room to teleport). If you figure out what could be causing the "invisible" players 'n monsters, it would be a bonus ;)
  • Hints for Buttons? I don't want you to blow the secret or anything, but there are just too many possibilities of button pushing in a sequence. If it is a secret, I would recommend placing some hints. It doesn't have to be text, it could be a certain visual pattern, or something really hard to notice. If you already placed hints, then you don't have to add any more, I'll just look harder.
Just a heads up, Matinees do not work online.[/color]
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

Thank you very much Ant :ssmile: .

Ok i try to fix that things. Thanks for testing :thumbright: .
Maybe when i build my next map, i try to test map with you :swink: .

Here is a preview of map:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riXMVmJTlko[/youtube]

Enjoy it :D!!!

DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Love the song in the video. What is it called?
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

The song is called Call Of Duty 4 [Music]Jeepride Rescue.

Here is a Download Link:
Call Of Duty 4 [Music]Jeepride Rescue

DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

Very cool promo, looking forward to this map. And I have to echo Ant here - What music is that?
DW_Apok@lypse
DW Clan Member

Thank you WailofSuicide,
i got this music from Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare. I tried to put music in map but it was short and so i decided to put it as a preview music :sbigsmile:

Now i have new fresh ideas for new map :ssmile: . If Crossfire is ready, i will post a new topic and i will post a picture of next map.

DW_Apok@lypse
DW Clan Member

Update of map is coming soon...(maybe today Monday 05th April 2010).

Best wishes
DW_Apok@lypse
DW Clan Member

Ok, map is ready!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Miniboss and Hoverboard are in map included.
DW_Ant wrote:When I went through the trials, I made it to this one room (won't let others know where it took me), but the problem is that there wasn't a way out. I was stuck in there until I ghosted out (The miniboss was alive so the waves didn't progress).
In that point u must jump, but no problem i put a new trigger, that displays the Message "Jump a floor higher!" :sbigsmile: . I test it. The way to finish line is clear :ssmile: .
DW_Ant wrote:I won't download the map to investigate this problem (due to temptation on cheating what the buttons do), but in trial one, the queens teleporting in there were completely invisible. I'm not sure what volume you placed in there. The queens really prevented us from progressing the first trial until the monsters timed out (thank goodness for the miniboss from preventing the wave progression).

Now, the queens have not the ability to teleport in trials. The players are not any longer disturbed. I put teleporters near the ground and i put a BlockingVolume.
In every trial there is a PhysicsVolume and a LimitationVolume.

DW_Ant wrote:Hints for Buttons? I don't want you to blow the secret or anything, but there are just too many possibilities of button pushing in a sequence. If it is a secret, I would recommend placing some hints. It doesn't have to be text, it could be a certain visual pattern, or something really hard to notice. If you already placed hints, then you don't have to add any more, I'll just look harder.
Only, i can say is that the first button is in the beer warehouse and last button is in Janie´s Diner. You must do something, before pushing the buttons. :sbigsmile:

Maybe, we can test map or i will send you an email, how you can open that secret place.

Map: DM-Crossfire-Xtreme-HB-SE
File size: 48,0 MB

Here is Download-link:
DM-Crossfire-Xtreme-HB-SE

Enjoy it!!!!

JulianKingOfNothing
1337 Haxor
Xfire: dont remember