WTF Air Strikes

Anything and everything related to COD4
mersenary aka MinisterofDeath
1337 Haxor

I like COD4, but playing TDM gets quite annoying after the 159th airstrike death in 10 minutes. Are there servers that limit the airstrikes?
DW_Peace_Frog
DW Clan Member

Another reason I like to play search and destroy. Have you tried S and D yet Merc?
DW_Snaggle
DW Clan Member

No, but you do get used to it. :tard:

Once the 'Why does everyone have a deemer?' anger wears off you soon learn that
it's not so bad. The important thing is to not be under it when it comes. If you are
playing Hard Core, that's a little harder as the UAV map is only present when some
good soul on your team has put it up. When you hear the noise, look at the map and
try to *not* be where the aircraft are flying.

On servers with 30, 40, or 50 players, it's an unfortunate fact of life. :ssad: And if
you get 'spawn locked' it becomes a case of 'grin and bear it or leave'. *shrug*
(Or 'bitch and moan' as I do when killed twice by the same AS because the silly
spawn system doesn't wait 2 secs for you to be clear of certain spawn-death.)

Just wait until you play S&D on servers that allow early AS on a round. :spunch:

I'm not sure how long you've been playing COD4 but air-strikes lose their teeth
gritting, ire-inducing nature after a while. Just learn to "Duck and Cover" when
you hear the noise.

Snaggle.
DW_Damaged
DW Clan Member

As Snaggle said it depends on how many people are on the server. I try to limit the servers I play on to no more than 20 people. But even then you can get killed by multiple air strikes. The good thing is you can usually hear them a second or two before they drop and just try your best to get out of the way. Theres nothing worse than getting killed 2 times by the same air strike. Well actually there is it's getting killed multiple times by Mobius who can see you a mile away. All you can do is try to take cover and then move out. Most air strikes are placed where most of the players on your team are located so try not to stay bunched up around them. I use the UAV jammer because most of the times the other team throws up a UAV and targets the red dots. If you can stay a little bit away from where your team is the UAV jammer will at least prevent you from being the main target.
1337 Haxor

DW_Peace_Frog wrote:Another reason I like to play search and destroy. Have you tried S and D yet Merc?
No, I havent played that yet. Ive had the game for quite awhile, but never played it much. Partially because I get "motion sick" playing it too long. I dont get that in UT2004. The airstrikes and all that shaking dont help!
1337 Haxor

DW_Snaggle wrote:No, but you do get used to it. :tard:

Once the 'Why does everyone have a deemer?' anger wears off you soon learn that
it's not so bad. The important thing is to not be under it when it comes. If you are
playing Hard Core, that's a little harder as the UAV map is only present when some
good soul on your team has put it up. When you hear the noise, look at the map and
try to *not* be where the aircraft are flying.

On servers with 30, 40, or 50 players, it's an unfortunate fact of life. :ssad: And if
you get 'spawn locked' it becomes a case of 'grin and bear it or leave'. *shrug*
(Or 'bitch and moan' as I do when killed twice by the same AS because the silly
spawn system doesn't wait 2 secs for you to be clear of certain spawn-death.)

Just wait until you play S&D on servers that allow early AS on a round. :spunch:

I'm not sure how long you've been playing COD4 but air-strikes lose their teeth
gritting, ire-inducing nature after a while. Just learn to "Duck and Cover" when
you hear the noise.

Snaggle.

Yeah, I was playing on a server with 45 players, and it seemed continuous. I havent played too long, about to hit Lt. As I said in an earlier reply I wish I could play longer, but something about the motion in the game messes with my head, and I get kind of nauseous after a bit.