Site upgrade

Post any issues or suggestions you may have with the website or forums here.
DW_Bomzin
Site Admin
Xfire: bomzin

Over the weekend both the site and forum software was upgraded. This addressed some minor issues, some known some unknown. Marking a forum as read in IE should be functioning correctly now.

This did not go off without ramifications . The biggest problem was links within the forums were changed. If you find any links that come back with a 404 error please report them.

Still dealing with an arcade issue also . It is down till further notice or until you find it working/ :clown:
DW_Snaggle
DW Clan Member

It also seems like 'View New Posts' isn't working properly. It now displays 42 pages of 'new' posts even though I checked the 'new posts' just the day before. :scratch:

Snaggle.
DW_Bomzin
Site Admin

Try logging out and logging back in . Sounds maybe like a cookie problem .

Also arcade is fixed .
DW_Snaggle
DW Clan Member

DW_Bomzin wrote:Try logging out and logging back in . Sounds maybe like a cookie problem .
I always logout after reading messages. So, in effect, I already did that prior to reading this. That said, it looks like it's fixed. Not sure if it was a real problem or operator error.

*shrugs* At least it works now.
Also arcade is fixed .
w00t!

Snaggle.
DW_BrainPan
DW Clan Member

I get 404's when I click anything under the "User Menu"
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who read binary, and everyone else.
4013 is only a FAD
And 2989? Well that's just BAD
DW_Bomzin
Site Admin

DW_BrainPan wrote:I get 404's when I click anything under the "User Menu"
Thanks . Looks like it's just doing it on the forum side of things
DW_BrainPan
DW Clan Member

For some threads, when I click the view the latest post icon it brings me to the first post (not the latest one). Doesn't happen on all of them but definitely has happened on several. It's obviously not a big issue, but I thought I'd let you know.

Oh, and if you didn't already find out, I get 404s for all the other top menus on the forum side of things.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who read binary, and everyone else.
4013 is only a FAD
And 2989? Well that's just BAD
DW_Bomzin
Site Admin

Top menu fixed.

As far as jump to last post not doing it all the time . Don't know for sure . It should all link the same way . Maybe something in your coookies with all the changes I've made . Eat your cookies or throw them away and let me know if it continues. :blackeye:
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

So all of these 404 errors wasn't a cookie problem this computer had then. It had me wondering why it was saying active topics back in December for me lol.

But things are working fine now, Thanks Bomzin!
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

I really don't know what caused it , but certain links were rewriten to end in .html . Not a clue but a pain in the arse.

Also in the process of adding in social site icon to user profiles. Need to do some more tying together of things when I get some time. But you will notice some new social buttons under the poster names. So far just facebook and myspace links are complete in the main profile area. Some of the others are going to change .