No Grass, No Leaves

Anything and everything related to COD Black Ops
DW_Ifondlesweaters
DW Clan Member

DW_Snaggle wrote:
DW_Ifondlesweaters wrote:No foliage modifications are bannable offenses on some servers
1. Is this something our rcon can do? and;
2. Is it something we *want* to do?

Snaggle.

I would definitely be in favor of making it illegal somehow or detecting it and kicking users. I can tolerate bunny hopping, camping, spamming, etc., but this is taking away from an intended element of the game. Why not use a mod to take away the walls and the buildings and we can all just play on a flat field...like CaptainGordon's?
DW_Bomzin
Site Admin
Xfire: bomzin

Yea that is a big difference there sort of like a before and after shot of a agent orange dump :scool:
DW_FrankyTheFly
DW Clan Member

Maby someone should send a email to Activision (pub) or Treyarch (dev) to tell them to made a patch to prevent this. Being able to remove the foliage from a shooter game where it is suppose to be main camouflage strategy and even the main "purpose" of a game is completly absurb! Some designer need a slap, and a big one! Really WTH where they thinking!?
I got the reflex of the fly, now catch me if you can!
DW_Bomzin
Site Admin
Xfire: bomzin

On a side note you could do this in UT2k4 also just not as dramatic.
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

DW>Bomzin wrote:On a side note you could do this in UT2k4 also just not as dramatic.
Camo doesn't play such a big role in UT. It's difficult to kill someone in a single blow. Once you fired your first shot, you would blow your position so the hunting game quickly become a 1-on-1 deathmatch.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

Xfire: redeemermma

Should be rather simple. I'd imagine it'd be similar to CoD4, which would basically do a quick scan of your config file looking at cvar settings and suspicious binds with names that known hacks use for toggling.