Map DW-MonsterMashArena-v6

Here's a specific forum for discussing potential maps, maps that need a vacation and optimizations and modifications for better playability.
MMA_T1mesh1fter
Pro but Noob

Must be another clue, I am so bad at this:P played the map once again today, but did not have time to write the entire poem down, as I forgot about it after wave 8 because of the intensity of dodging dozens of titan rocks. This part is the same part I used when finding the combination to the deemer room, so contains no relevant info about the second wall.

In monster mash, Not all is as it seems..
This either means it has something to do with the big monster mash sign on the map, The wall can already be opened by just pressing use or that it is jet another poem to make it more complicated:P
Just to make clear, the invisible trans square at the raptor/mash poster has nothing to do with this secret:P

On the technical side, I learned a lot more about the editor since I started searching for my info there.
I changed the rest of the post to Spoiler-text, since there might be people who want to find these things without editor or help from others.

[spoil]I am now 100% sure the triggers on the big coloured lamps are linked to the secret wall, which is also an UseTrigger.

While looking at the actor properties I saw that all of them also have a Counter name, and the hidden wall has the name: Counterfinish. These names each have their own Usetrigger linked to them, these Usetriggers are on the name spot as the Counter actor they are linked with. However, none of these triggers seem to have an ambientsound connected to it, which means that even if you press them, you don't actually hear anything while the trigger is still activated.

Conclusions: (have to be tested when I have the time for it)

Looking at the names of the counters (from 0 to 4), the order of the triggers should be as following: Green, Yellow, Blue, Red, Secret wall (also an usetrigger). I don't know how these triggers work exactly, but Use should work according to the actor properties.

The square room with a sphere in it is indeed a skybox, after carefully inspecting the properties I found out that I should read better before I ask things that are this easy to find.

The line of Ground triggers on the outer ring of the map are actually Scripted triggers linked to each section of the poem. These triggers are automatically activated one by one as the waves go by and will each make an in-game message containing a section of the poem.

with this new knowledge I tried to do the same with TrainstationRevamp. After a while, I actually found the exact info I was looking for so I tested the possible solution online with V!per, and we goddamn solved it before wave 1 ended. the lower leveled players can now enjoy the extra deemers and the rest can berserk without those annoying trains.[/spoil]
DW_Wine_Flu
DW Clan Member

Ahhhh,

Knowing karma wrote the riddle actually means the riddle makes even more sense to me.

Years ago I spent an entire match ONLY jotting down the riddle as it scrolled along. The clues have a decidedly certain theme and knowing it's a 'Karma' poem makes what I did years ago even more satisfying.

I solved it & knew the key but long forgot it now.
I (re)found my notes with the poem on it just last night going through some old papers - good times.

Thanks Karma.
Last edited by DW_Wine_Flu on Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Generic Humorous Forum Sig
AS-Cubes4All > AS-TorlanEvolution > AS-OpportunityKnocks > AS-BP2-AcatanaEvolution
Azmodan
1337 Haxor

Then post the poem :P
DW_Wine_Flu
DW Clan Member

Azmodan wrote:Then post the poem :P
If i think of it tonight I'll post a photo of my notes.
AS-Cubes4All > AS-TorlanEvolution > AS-OpportunityKnocks > AS-BP2-AcatanaEvolution
Azmodan
1337 Haxor

nah just the poem not all your notes or KK will make you sit on the shelf like ... like ... cookies in the supermarket!!
DW_Wine_Flu
DW Clan Member

I waited until I got the verbal OK from Karma before posting this.
This is a transcript of the notes I made which allowed me to solve
the map's key which I verified with Mr.Dick sooo long ago.

Presented as-is with no warranty or guarantee of accuracy,
Wine_Flu's transcript of the map's 'poem'. Good luck.
===========================================================
All the colors of the rainbow you seek
with a duo of shades to fill in the chinks
A code to unleash vast forces of nature
or at least some devastating fun in your monster adventure!
The fairest of flowers of a particular hue
Immortalized in song, held close to hearts in Texas
unlocks the first step for you
Spielberg directed, walker wrote, glover and goldberg shone
a quick check of imdb will bring this one home
cornflower, cerulean, klein, egyptian, columbia, electric
All sorts of names quite eclectic. Can you guess this fine hue?
Beryllium, aluminum cyclosilicate can come in various shades
but the one we most envy comes with just a tiny touch of chromium
Accoutrement for officials riding to hounds,
or the epitome of health
this tint has so many varietals, that it knows no bounds
while this color's name may be greek to you
printers and tv engineers alike are very familiar with it's hue
it's waves beat slowest on our rods and cones
some claim it's shift a universal woe
but if you see it you'll feel it in your bones
MMA_T1mesh1fter
Pro but Noob

I must say this is an excellent piece of art:)
Internet does have the answers indeed, however, I notice what I missed when decoding this the first time.. It seems i overlooked 2 sentences when writing it down from the screen.

However, this poem only explains the combination for the Enhanced Deemer.
Is there any other clue that even suggests that there is a steorra room?

Little thing about the steorra, it seems people underestimate what it can do. When fully charged it can pierce through monsters and hit everything that is in a straight line behind it. With the right magic, and a triple damage, you can instantly rape a complete line of monsters if they are piling near a small opening. Yes it is slow, but it has to be, else it would be waaaay too overpowered since it has unlimited ammo.
Adidaz
Killer in Training

MMA_T1mesh1fter wrote:I must say this is an excellent piece of art:)
Internet does have the answers indeed, however, I notice what I missed when decoding this the first time.. It seems i overlooked 2 sentences when writing it down from the screen.

Little thing about the steorra, it seems people underestimate what it can do. When fully charged it can pierce through monsters and hit everything that is in a straight line behind it. With the right magic, and a triple damage, you can instantly rape a complete line of monsters if they are piling near a small opening. Yes it is slow, but it has to be, else it would be waaaay too overpowered since it has unlimited ammo.
I don't think you can roll the steorra magic. You can get a magic pickup from the spawn but you can only pick it up once and unless you die and you cant toss it.
*Adidaz*
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Adidaz wrote:
MMA_T1mesh1fter wrote:I must say this is an excellent piece of art:)

I don't think you can roll the steorra magic. You can get a magic pickup from the spawn but you can only pick it up once and unless you die and you cant toss it.
Oh thank goodness you can't roll an infinite Steorra through the magic weapon maker.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

DW_Ant wrote:Oh thank goodness you can't roll an infinite Steorra through the magic weapon maker.
Yeah imagine what horror would be unleashed from that. However, I would love a vorpal Steorra, just to take it to extremes:P