Portal Gun Weapon Priority

Mapmaking? Modeling? Discuss all that stuff that's too complicated for most mere mortals here.
Sokoro
Camper

I am trying to set priority of PortalGun to lowest so i wont acidently shot it when my linkgun run out of ammo.. etc. ..but the problem is that i cant find that weapon in my weapon list in UT Settings/Weapons tab. I already extracted portalgun2c.u file but i cant find any ucl or ini file in cache extractor.. (which could be posibly needed for game to detect that mutator).

Any idea how to make it appear in my settings?
I made an AM character just to be able to use electromagnet in safe spots with 500 adrenaline and rejuvation weapon +5
DW_BrainPan
DW Clan Member

You can try this:

Open a command prompt and navigate to your UT/system folder.
Then run this command:

ucc exportcache portalgun2c.u

if that doesn't work try:

ucc exportcache *.*

(yes that is star-dot-star, not a face I drew)
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who read binary, and everyone else.
4013 is only a FAD
And 2989? Well that's just BAD
DW_FrankyTheFly
DW Clan Member

The portal gun is not only a U file, it need a control file (.ucl) and a .ini file that is only server side so it is not send to your cache. I think for this version it also need texture and static meshes files. I don't know where u can get a full package file taught, most portal gun version find on the net for UT2004 are using the link gun has model or a cheap texture model (nothing like the one in the MM server). Good luck.
I got the reflex of the fly, now catch me if you can!