Show some love to UT3 DW Server

UT3 should be coming soon with a new gametype, improved vehicles, and MORE PLAYERS! Death Warrant will be there with hardware to spare!
F4TAL_ONE

Hey guys.
I wanna appologize for my poor grammar, so please don't go too hard on me.
The reason why im writing this is simple. I love UT3 Invasion mode and UT3 DW Server and i/we would realy love to see some improvements on it.
I belive that UT3 Invasion mode has ALOT of potential, but the reason why it isn't so popular lays within a few simple things.

*First of all XP Gain Rate. UT3 DW server is very punishing towards new players. It's very hard to get levels when ur getting 1 shotted by mobs above wave 5 and the xp cap is very large. Earning levels at the early stage becomes a nightmare and that is one of the reasons why people wouldn't want to play on this server.
See , i love invasion mode , thats why im putting so much patience into grinding levels. But from other players perspective that wouldn't bee too attracting.
Let's say a player that has never tried an invasion mode joins the server to give it a try. He will most likely be demotivated to play any further , because of the punishing game level.
Solution: Increase the amount of XP gained from killing mobs by atleast x2. Reduce the cap by atleast 25%.
This way you will have a much more "newb friendly server" , with a FAST GAME PASE. Coz face it, thats what people are looking for when playing UT - a fast pased game.

*2. Reward for finishing all the waves. The current reward is WAY too low. You get a total amount of 1000xp for going through a hell. That doesn't sound too attracting. That amount of XP is not significant even for low level players.
Soution: Increase XP reward to atleast 10k or 25k, to make it worth it.
3* Rate of fire. The current rate of fire is too slow. Even if u max it out it stil is slow. Again, we want a fast pased game. The faster you shoot , the greater is the fun.
Solution: Increase rate of fire by atleast 50%]

4* Scaling the difficulty of mobs by the level of the player. Here is an idea to tackle the issue, where high level players would not die even if they are the only ones left alive.
Solution: Scale the difficulty of mobs , by the level of the player alive. Which means, if we have a lvl 60 player and a lvl 150 players alive, then the level of mobs would be equal to level 60. But if that level 60 player dies, then the difficulty of mobs would raise to lvl 150.

5* Maps/Waves.[/size] And last( for now) but not least. Add some more maps, add more waves to make it more fun.

I hope you will hear my call and do something about this, because i love your server and would realy like to see those improvements. I belive they will larger the player base of the server and make the overall expirience on the server more fun. I will try my best to promote the server as much as i can.

Fatal.
UT3 INVASION MODE OR GTFO!
Azmodan
1337 Haxor

Since Monster Mash Server 3 is an adaption of Server 1 and 2 for UT3 it is understandable that it is similar to them when it comes to XP, weapon speed, classes etc.

1. Its far easier to lvl on Server 3 than it is on any other DW-lvl based server. Its true that after a certain wave it becomes impossible for low lvl players to survive but thats what makes the DW servers so much fun, they are challenging. Hiding and using indirect fire are what a low lvl should do on DW servers. Other than any Invasion server I've seen so far you can also change your attributes like HP or damage at any time without loosing your lvl (because of 1 account problem). So a low lvl player can buy stuff that he wont need later and just get rid of it once he gets higher. Or switch from Medic (which is low lvl player friendly) to WM or AM.

2. the reward for wining a map is a bit low thats true, but 5k is the maximum i would put there (1500 on server 1 and 2)

3. the rate of fire is fast enough in my opinion, even with max ammo you still run out of ammo on link and minigun each wave so more speed would probably result in a massive ammo shortage

4. your idea to tackle the mob difficulty is what DW has used on Server 1 and 2 for years but its very frustrating to be a high lvl player when there aren't many players around since killing (and with that XP) becomes almost impossible at a certain lvl (on the old Servers the magical number where a player can no longer satisfy his own adrenaline need to stay alive with globe and such is around 200) so Server 3 has a higher difficulty increase in the Waves but no adjustment of the monster lvl. Meaning the higher you get the further you get in the waves. If i recall that right I've seen DW-Janie take on the last 2 waves with her high lvl medic and it was at least possible for her to win it.

5. Maps and Waves need people who make them and there aren't many monsters in UT3, most monsters used are just player Avatars in different sizes and colors such as the bunnies, skeletons and the titans.

6. The only adjustment the server really needs in my eyes is to nerf the AM class a bit. I can win any map on my own just globing from wave 1-16 with triple damage on most of the time. Think my lvl was around 250. Or add some monster modification that can ignore globe partially or steal adren or something like that. The freezing monsters are nice, they slow your rate of fire resulting in you running out of adren.

Hope I didn't sprout too much nonsense since it's been a while I played there :sblush:
F4TAL_ONE

Azmodan wrote:Since Monster Mash Server 3 is an adaption of Server 1 and 2 for UT3 it is understandable that it is similar to them when it comes to XP, weapon speed, classes etc.

1. Its far easier to lvl on Server 3 than it is on any other DW-lvl based server. Its true that after a certain wave it becomes impossible for low lvl players to survive but thats what makes the DW servers so much fun, they are challenging. Hiding and using indirect fire are what a low lvl should do on DW servers. Other than any Invasion server I've seen so far you can also change your attributes like HP or damage at any time without loosing your lvl (because of 1 account problem). So a low lvl player can buy stuff that he wont need later and just get rid of it once he gets higher. Or switch from Medic (which is low lvl player friendly) to WM or AM.
"What im trying to say is the faster leveling the more dynamic is the gameplay. Sitting and using inderect fire for hours just to get a high enough levle to be able to put up some challenge doesn't sound too attractive.
2. the reward for wining a map is a bit low thats true, but 5k is the maximum i would put there (1500 on server 1 and 2)
5k xp is more or less better, but stil , the higher the reward , the more tempting it is to finish the game.
3. the rate of fire is fast enough in my opinion, even with max ammo you still run out of ammo on link and minigun each wave so more speed would probably result in a massive ammo shortage
Well , if you increase rate of fire , taht would force people to use infinity weapons, which is a good thing in my opinion.
btw what are the IP's to DW server 1 and 2
Azmodan
1337 Haxor

IP for Server 1: 208.100.49.220:7777
Server 2: 208.100.49.220:6666
both UT2004 of course

can also be found on the DW homepage
warhead2
1337 Haxor

my 2 cents.

-your feedback is awsum and i know people appreciate it

-mm3 is an awsum server and though it does have big issues need improvments as any dw admin would agree, the reason it has low player count is ut3's fault, not the server's. ut3 is basically dead so every game type is dead as result. my own ut3 game type i wrote also has same problem. it got lots of good feedback and people like it but due to ut3 being dead hardly anyone plays anymore. every game type is experiencing this in ut3.

-i do not believe they are going to develop any more on it because ut3 is dead, and we'd sure appreciate it if they did, but honestly ut3 is so dead one wonders if it's worth doing. i'm just glad a MM server is running at all and as long as it's there i will haunt it.

-i never thought it was hard to level up. from day i first went on i tore through the levels like crazy. don't get me wrong i like that, hee hee. granted you have a good point that there is that learning curve and intial let down to new comers who don't know the game well. they come on and get owned and get discouraged so your point is a good one, but to the players who know invasion it's actually too easy.

-weapon fire rate to me seems hyper fast. make sure you got all levels of weapon speed, b/c at max the fire rate is so fast. remember the documentation is wrong sometimes on some things so sometimes you can get more levels than what the on line help says for some skills. with maxed ammo and maxed speed and maxed ammo recharge, and then going one on one with luci using just a link gun you can tear the luci up fast (and not run out of ammo), and i mean, *really* fast. on DW 1 & 2, it's unheard of for one person to own a luci so fast and so easy. again, don't get me wrong, i liiiiiiike it :scool:

-yes i agree AM's seem way OP in mm3 while the other classes are way under powered. and main reason is that AM's can have the globe and other classes can't. big thing the correct is to allow other classes to be able to get a globe too. other thing is AM's adren recharge is super fast and easy so maybe that could be scaled down. again don't get me wrong, i like it.

-MM3 does do something innovative that MM1&2 does not do, and this is that all classes are allowed to buy up to a certain level of Loaded Artifacts and thus always have good things like a TripeDamage, but unfortunately they can't get a globe in this manner. Perhaps the simple fix is to allow that level of Loaded Artifacts to also have a Globe. Personally I like this way of doing it and like this different kind of play style UT3 MM is offering, seems to make classes a bit better balanced, but others would not agree and you could easily argue against it.

-MM3 does not do monster level scaling because i can play alone and totally rape them to the end and win. personally, i like it. i have always felt the scaling on MM1 & 2 was a bit BS but i understand why they do it, so that you have to work as a team and use different strategy's and can't always win. at any rate, i find it a relief and an enjoyment to be able to play on a MM without this scaling, it's a nice break from MM 1 & 2's harsh scaling. that being said, i think overall, adding scalling to mm3 would probably be a good idea, as then we would no longer be able to rape the poor monsters.

-so in conclusion mm3 is a really enjoyable place to go have fun and take it easy in an easy server where you can relax and not work too hard. that's worth something so even as it is, i really like it. any place i can go and mass kill anything is just a freaking good time for me, i truely like to Mash Monsters! Would seem to me the general agreement here would be to better balance the classes in general, to scale difficulty up for higher levels, and scale it down for lower levels so newbies can jump on board right away (yea you are right, i see the level 25's come in and then leave the server quickly once they get owned). better balancing things is general will probably fix the newbie issue, so for example, if they can a globe then they will be better able to survive, and so on.
Warning: Incoming Warhead!!
Wanted on 1000 planets for mass destruction of alien life forms!
DW_Bomzin
Site Admin
Xfire: bomzin

Interesting thoughts. Keep them coming. If you guys really want the server tweaked the more input the better. We'll give it some thought.
F4TAL_ONE

Yes please use the provided feedback and tweek the server according to it. It wont hurt to give it a test tweeking and see how it works