GW2 Beta Screenies

A place to meet and greet and have general discussions for those participating in GW
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin
Xfire: KarmaKat

Was so wrapped up in playing, almost forgot to grab some screen shots! And, since we weren't bound by the NDA this time around, thought I'd share a few with you!

This is Tempest Smiteclaw...a female Charr Engineer! When walking, Charr go on two legs, but when in a hurry they go flat out four paws as you can see by the Ranger running by on the left.
Tempest1.jpg
Tempest1.jpg (3.21 MiB) Viewed 5000 times
There's a day & night cycle in GW2, here, it's a beautiful moonlit night, crickets chirping, lightning bugs twinkling and the smell of gunpowder drifting on the night breeze.
Tempest2.jpg
Tempest2.jpg (2.19 MiB) Viewed 5000 times
I didn't have my graphics set on the highest levels but the game is still gorgeously amazing!
Tempest3.jpg
Tempest3.jpg (965.77 KiB) Viewed 5000 times
Tempest4.jpg
Tempest4.jpg (2.77 MiB) Viewed 5000 times
In the 250 years that have passed since the end of GW, Charr have become industrialized. Wait until you lay eyes on the Black Citadel! It may only be black powder, but it's still a gun! With all the glorius flash, bang, smoke & hanging fire. There are other types of shot, like poison darts too. My off hand weapon currently is a mini flame thrower...very handy for discouraging Harpies. ;D
Tempest5.jpg
Tempest5.jpg (2.23 MiB) Viewed 5000 times
Tempest6.jpg
Tempest6.jpg (2.97 MiB) Viewed 5000 times
Tempest7.jpg
Tempest7.jpg (2.53 MiB) Viewed 5000 times
Tempest8.jpg
Tempest8.jpg (2.4 MiB) Viewed 5000 times
KKat
:flower:
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

Holy shiz. You can play a gun wielding cat in this game. ArenaNet you evil geniuses.
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

How much in the way of character customization did you get? That's one of the things that I really wished Guild Wars gave you more control over.
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin
Xfire: KarmaKat

DW_WailofSuicide wrote:How much in the way of character customization did you get? That's one of the things that I really wished Guild Wars gave you more control over.

Simple answer....TONS!
:sclapping:

I easily spent more than an hour tweaking things for Tempest. I got to pick things like: body style, the pattern of strips or spots, hair/mane styles, eye details like tilt, width, color and even the size of the iris!, eyebrows, nose width thickness & height. And then there were the color palettes. Way more than the original GW.

For armor/clothing there's now: head, shoulders, chest, hands, legs, feet. You now have the choice of 3 colors for each armor piece. There's a "town clothes" option in your Hero menu too. It lets you dress in a more relaxed fashion and not be bristling with armor if you're hoisting an ale. It would be good to put some thought into your initial color choices because as you gain and equip new pieces of armor, they will automatically take on the colors you chose when you created the character (your town clothes also take on your color choices..don't know if they are separately dyeable or not). I didn't get to explore the dye system, but from what I've seen in game and on the GW2 wiki, it looks like we're going to have a huge color palette. Here's a link to the Dye page on the wiki:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dye

You also have the option of crafting accessory items for your character to wear. Earrings, Rings, Necklaces, & Cloaks.

And during your initial character creation, there will be some profession specific questions which will also affect your appearance. My choice of the Panscopic Monocle can be seen in the pics. A note on the attention to details in the game...as you can see, the strapping for the Monocle covers some territory on Tempest's face. I noticed that hair from her mane is both laying under and on top of the leather..very natural. And the bit of end strap that sticks out from the buckle on the lower side has animation so that it moves when the character moves. Small details...make gorgeous big pictures!
:srofl:

KKat
:flower:
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...