@team switching

Discuss all things related to our custom map 32 player ONS server
Lust

Terminator wrote:That losing team lost for a reason and someone switching to the other team to help them win deserves props, not a ban.
Well someone has to lose....yeah?

A type of common team switching is hopping over to an already stacked team at the beginning...

Another type of team switching involves a relatively even team, except for a player good enough who can sway the balance of either team. When the good enough player switches at some point, the cycle simply repeats going in the other direction.

I've never seen that good player switch back to the new, now losing team he left in the following round.

Not once. Ever.

They just screw up the rounds for their former teammates and it's obviously not for altruistic reasons or they would switch back. No?

If I saw that I would give props.

Also it simply tends to really mess up the makeup of teams. Often the losing team having bailed picks up another good player joining and now the losing team is stacked.

In fact 2nd round stacking is common...

But still they don't switch back. Even if the now opposing and losing team is mostly bots.

So I call bs on giving props...

Boot 'em.
Lust
d1Rt
Camper

Lust wrote: Another type of team switching involves a relatively even team, except for a player good enough who can sway the balance of either team. When the good enough player switches at some point, the cycle simply repeats going in the other direction.

I've never seen that good player switch back to the new, now losing team he left in the following round.

Not once. Ever.

They just screw up the rounds for their former teammates and it's obviously not for altruistic reasons or they would switch back. No?

If I saw that I would give props.

Also it simply tends to really mess up the makeup of teams. Often the losing team having bailed picks up another good player joining and now the losing team is stacked.

In fact 2nd round stacking is common...

But still they don't switch back. Even if the now opposing and losing team is mostly bots.

So I call bs on giving props...

Boot 'em.
I disagree. I don't see this happening that often and when it does it's because someone was trying to make things better for everyone. Though, you are right - they never switch back. Poor judgement? Perhaps, but booting em seems a little extreme. Weaker players switching to the team they perceive to have stronger players to ride the gravy train is what often ruins things for everyone...even the winning team.

Good Intentions + Low Frequency > Selfish Intentions + High Frequency.

Just my opinion.
DW_Jimmythedentist
DW Clan Member

how tough is it to disable the fucking button that says "switch teams"?

then all these fuckstick team-switchers would just play the cards they're dealt.

i know this wouldn't fix all the issues discussed here but maybe it gets a handle on the problem.

this solution brought to you by JimmyTheComputerZero.

ciao.

mrg
d1Rt
Camper

You're probably making this way more complicated than it needs to be, Jimmy, but +10 points for using 'fuckstick' in a sentence. :srofl:
joeblow
1337 Haxor

I upped my penalty to 100 game kick as of this weekend.

wp
joblow@bellsouth.net game contact email.
MOOKE
Killer in Training
Xfire: m00k3

Yay!!
NahasapeemapetiloN wrote: DONT HATE THE PLAYER HATE THE GAME
Galahad
Killer in Training

jimmy said fuckstick hehe...
DW_Jimmythedentist
DW Clan Member

I finally figured it out . . .

Most of the schmoes that I see changing sides simply don’t like fighting for the Red Team. The flawed perception of red weakness motivates these assholes to try to avoid donning the crimson uniform.

This simple solution popped into my tiny, little brain while playing with a bunch of former and current Clan members. Though some of them were aliasing we still ended up with four (4) DW affiliates on the same side.

And we performed relatively well as a cohesive, cooperative, experienced unit.

So I suggest we simply wave the “Magic Wand of Computer Stuff” and tuck some code in “there” somewhere that makes the Red Team seem a more formidable foe.

It’s been a little while since I needed to use my extensive Pascal skills but maybe a line like this would fix everything that was ever wrong with gaming anywhere:

IF ScreenName = “DW>*****” THEN set TeamColor make equal to RedTeam

That way every match will always be DW vs. The World!

And the Clan will always be the Red Team and then this hateful, ignorant bigotry against “the loser red guys” will be a much more informed and justified hatred of “the DW guys”.

But Red Team will likely win more frequently and then people will stop always trying to be on Blue Team . . . or at least they may hesitate to switch allegiances as they’ll be torn between their traditional color-based opinions and the empirical evidence of a Red Team that now regularly seems pretty competitive.

Discuss . . .

While I pour myself another scotch!

mrg

oh yeah, p.s. for all you fans of the term let me just briefly reiterate: fuckstick!
joeblow
1337 Haxor

Well said!

Your code might need a little tweaking is all.

wp
joblow@bellsouth.net game contact email.
d1Rt
Camper

A couple things.

Joe - while I dig the 'no team switch' thing, I've seen ppl circumventing it by simply rejoining until they get the desired team. Just an FYI.

Sometimes the teams get totally lopsided by not being able to switch, but at least those matches are over quickly.

Jimmy - Honestly, I don't think there's enough of a DW presence to sway perceptions that much. Danimal is a regular and I occasionally see you, Joe, and Achilles, but that's about it.

Tweak, Goose, and myself all had red team pref. on for a while to fight the blue lovers, but my red brothers in arms have abandoned us. Whatever with those guys and their not-8-year-old games.

I love getting verbally abused my Dan. It makes my night every time and I think it's the only flavor of Dan I want anymore. His rage pleases me. "MORONS!" "IDIOTS!" "SHOOT THE NNODESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!"