3 New Maps in Testing

Here's a specific forum for discussing potential maps, maps that need a vacation and optimizations and modifications for better playability.
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

Cool, those sound like good changes. Will check it out sometime in the next few days.
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

Just checked out the new map. This looks like a pretty big improvement to me.

Couple notes:

I see what looks like two Enhanced Redeemers in here. Not sure what to think about that.
Also unclear on how to get into that room normally.
Wave 5 miniboss? Might be a little early for 100,000 health.
Looking at your map in the editor, I noticed you've got one antiportal in there ... But it's pretty much useless because it's very small and and not going to block off anything of much importance. There's some good possibilities for AntiPortals in this map since it's largely corridors, if you're thinking about continuing to work on this I would consider getting rid of this antiportal and putting some more effective ones in (particularly separating off the exterior area from the 3-corridor area).
Blood Asp
Camper
Xfire: eaelemental

Blood Confliction V3
Done a few edits to the map involving Miniboss, EhRedeemer, antiportals.
Please note I am an old school mapper, still use old UT99 techniques, Antiportals are being used from brushes, not actors.

If you can't figure out how to naturally get into the ehredeemer room I am more than happy to show you the way.
Blood Asp
Camper

Would I be able to join into A server test btw to get feedback faster?
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

-There's a Skybox effect underneath the grating of the blue/white corridor, allowing you to see into the secret area.
-Still not too happy seeing 3 redeemers (1 enhanced in there) in a smallish map like this
-Overall I really wish you would just either move on to making a new quality map or make a real effort at improving this one. You could make a decent map here if you'd put in more effort.
Last edited by DW_WailofSuicide on Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Renegade_masta wrote:If you can't figure out how to naturally get into the ehredeemer room I am more than happy to show you the way.
No thank you. Found the Enhanced Deemer by wave 2.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

I would like a few people (maybe 4-5 people) To help me test a few aspects of this map and another I'm trying to process, If you are willing to come and help me test out my maps then let me know and I'll host up a server for it for a few hours a day, times will probably be 1pm-4pm GMT time, I will start off with TDM in the maps to just seek around the map and find any BSP errors or "Ghost" Walls, After that I'll make it into a Invasion to test out how monsters act in the maps, If you are interested please let me know.
Obviously the invasion wont work like DW (Unless I can convince one of the admins to send me a mutator to activate DW Style waves in the server, but otherwise I'll just emulate as best I can.)

Thanks guys and hope to get a few people soon!
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

I wouldn't mind looking at a new map, however if you're wanting to look at this particular map again I'd like you to explain a little bit more about what you're expecting. The issues with this one are pretty obvious either on simple inspection or based on feedback already posted.
Blood Asp
Camper

I'm hosting 3 new maps (Still in testing phase please remember that so please let me know any problems you find or things that COULD cause problems)

It's hosted upon a server which you can find in the server browser: Blood's Map Testing Area

There IS redirect so downloads should be relatively fast, Please let me know if downloads are slow and I'll look into it.
I'm gonna be in there for the next hour or two to do some testing of my own, I've got Invasion on.
Blood Asp
Camper

I'll keep my host up while I go to work; the maps hosted are: DM-TEST-Blood-Confliction-T3, DM-TEST-GodInvasion-T3 and DM-TEST-Labyrinths-T1

Please take a look once you get a chance :)