2k4 Server Watch Beta v0.5.4

Mapmaking? Modeling? Discuss all that stuff that's too complicated for most mere mortals here.
necro
Killer in Training

I've updated the translation document.

I found out that google built translation into their documents system... the function call is so freaking simple...

Code: Select all

=GoogleTranslate("TextToTranslate", "en-US", "sl")
Which in the spreadsheet turns into the following which can be cloned to adjacent cells with ease.

Code: Select all

=GoogleTranslate($A2,$A$1,B$1)
Google rocks :)

That said, there is no better source for translations than fluent speakers. Take a look at them and let me know how they did (perhaps turn the background red for way off and green for pretty good).

Sal, I was hoping you'd see this and would be willing to help with a spanish translation (double check google's) and franky do the french (again, double check google's) translation.
Azmodan
1337 Haxor

Aaaaaannd the Google translation is a joke, what a surprise :stongue:
Habulin
Camper

Well it is really a joke as Azmodan said :P. I gona color yellow which just needs the right grammar form.
Azmodan
1337 Haxor

But hey, I can really see why Google would confuse this:

with this:

It is exactly the same!!! No wait...
necro
Killer in Training

Heh I'm not all that surprised.. Machine translation is only so good... and for industry specific terms (IT, medical, automotive, etc) it's even harder.

I'd never use a machine translation without passing by a fluent speaker no matter how advanced the technology gets... I refuse to let a machine speak for me :)
Habulin
Camper

necro wrote:Heh I'm not all that surprised.. Machine translation is only so good... and for industry specific terms (IT, medical, automotive, etc) it's even harder.

I'd never use a machine translation without passing by a fluent speaker no matter how advanced the technology gets... I refuse to let a machine speak for me :)
Good choice :P