For the love of all that is holy....

Discuss all things related to our custom map 32 player ONS server
-goose-
Camper

Lower then minimum number of players setting or raise the bots skill level to masterful or inhuman. That is all.

-Goose-
joeblow
1337 Haxor

FYI

I turn the bots off on request of players. If one players says NO I leave them on even if 20 others say yes turn them off. I think it helps balance the teams when 4 or 6 players are on so we don't have matches where its 5 va 1 player which happens a lot.
joblow@bellsouth.net game contact email.
joeblow
1337 Haxor

3/4050

I think this was also discussed here.
-goose-
Camper

Yeah, so bandito abused this yesterday to stack the teams and give blue a 2 man advantage. Awesome sportsmanship.
joeblow
1337 Haxor

In a way goose im not really replying to you but more to the general crowd.

I try my best to keep the game rolling . Im not sure why stacking teams is such a great idea but i think it is human nature.
-goose-
Camper

So I join the server tonight while Deathdome is in progress. I end up on blue, who is already down 1 point and losing the second round pretty badly. We end up making a comeback and take the point. The third round is a battle, but we prevail.

Then I get accused of stacking the teams, ruining the map, and cheating. Red had 4 players with a higher PPH than me, 1 by a large amount. And blue was down a player for a good while.

And I have seen this person repeatedly switch teams to get on their preferred team.

Seriously?

http://ut2004stats.epicgames.com/matchs ... h=60107275
joeblow
1337 Haxor

Yeah someone that team switches a lot accused me of doing it also yesterday because I went to spec mode to log into admin and when I got some "issues" settled I logged back in to even the teams. I made sure to comeback on the same team I logged into as. Its never ending.

Biggest problem I see with bots is the pathing. As of now on Minustankmeup I watched two bots on blue unlock 4 vehicles at there own core and get them all stuck. Not sure how that really helps. I asked if the live players wanted the bots off and I got no response so I leave it.

Like I said there's a lot of human nature in this. look at all the Ravens fans out there now. 3 weeks ago I bet they didn't even know where Baltimore is let alone who the quarterback is.
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin
Xfire: KarmaKat

::cough::...bots have been moved from "Experienced" to playing at "Masterful" for a couple of weeks now. Anyone notice? The last time I switched them to Godlike, I got a raft of complaints. ;)

Team switching is for low-life...lamer...stat padding...egotistical rat bastards. The entirely sad fact is that are a lot of people playing online games that have zero sense of honor or sportsmanship. I heartily detest them and the attitudes they ride in on. And I advocate gifting them with a lengthy vacation from the server when ever I find one. The flip side is that if we perma-ban everyone who does it, the server may be empty...so we are left with striking down the most obvious perpetrators. And then we are to lead by example in hopes that the rest of the server populace will pick up a tiny bit of what it means to play fair. Small hope, I know...but try we must.

You know the old saw about trying to please some of the people, some of the time? That's about the best we can do when dealing with human nature...herding cats is -easy- compared to trying to make everyone happy with a set of rules. ;)

KKat
:flower:
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
SomethingToSay
1337 Haxor

lol i noticed they were strong, they beat the crap out of me rofl so much for trying onslaught @_@
DW_Shawn
DW Clan Member
Xfire: shawnilizer

DW_KarmaKat wrote:::cough::...bots have been moved from "Experienced" to playing at "Masterful" for a couple of weeks now. Anyone notice? The last time I switched them to Godlike, I got a raft of complaints. ;)

Team switching is for low-life...lamer...stat padding...egotistical rat bastards. The entirely sad fact is that are a lot of people playing online games that have zero sense of honor or sportsmanship. I heartily detest them and the attitudes they ride in on. And I advocate gifting them with a lengthy vacation from the server when ever I find one. The flip side is that if we perma-ban everyone who does it, the server may be empty...so we are left with striking down the most obvious perpetrators. And then we are to lead by example in hopes that the rest of the server populace will pick up a tiny bit of what it means to play fair. Small hope, I know...but try we must.

You know the old saw about trying to please some of the people, some of the time? That's about the best we can do when dealing with human nature...herding cats is -easy- compared to trying to make everyone happy with a set of rules. ;)

KKat
:flower:
I literally broke a tear. :swhew:
úñkñøwñ*shåwñ
[»shåwñ«]