Ideas for a new Miniboss (Share your Ideas)

Report any issues or suggestions here. Intermittent lag happens, so don't report it unless it is excessive
BrianTheCorrupt
Killer in Training

I've been having thoughts lately about the Miniboss that occurs on some maps in Monster Mash. Doesn't it ever get monotonous to fight the MechTitan (Or sometimes around the Holidays, SantaTitan)? It's quite fun sometimes to fight them with being flung around with the Globe on when it throws stuff at you or stomps, but I feel that 'Variety is the Spice of Life', as the saying goes.[hr]
Anyways, I had an idea for Ridley from the Metroid series as a Miniboss. The idea is pretty much drawn from the Metroid monsters on Monster Mash.
It'd be pretty awesome to see that iconic boss in the MM servers. Killing a repeat-resurrecting monster like Ridley would be bada**! :shooterr:
[hr]
Well, it's just a thought I had to get off my mind. I'm sure that I'm not the only one to have thought of having Ridley on MM. Anyways, it'll be interesting to see what people have for ideas. :cartman:
[hr]
Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful in Latin), and OORAH! :salute:
My Classes In MMs2:

BrianTheCorrupt - M/MM: Lv 638
BrianTheEnraged - AM: Lv 708
BrianTheGunzerkr - WM: Lv 318

My Map Projects (All on hold):
DM-Tourian
DM-DarkAgonWastes
DM-CargoTrain
christmas
1337 Haxor

that Ridley ????

BrianTheCorrupt
Killer in Training

Yes, that Ridley. It'd be neat to see that iconic character as a Miniboss. :ssmile:
[hr]
Some attacks that I know of that he has performed throughout the Metroid games were a flame-breath, claw-slashes, tail-swipes, and some grapples. He also did a lot of flying, so aerial combat might be a possibility.
[hr]
For his projectile attack, he could either use the Fleshbinder's flamethrower with a further range. Those Spinosaur projectiles could work too, but larger and slower, dealing more damage. Both types would work though.
For melee attacks with his talons, he could use a system similar to the Angus, Raptors, or Titans (without the rock tossing).
For use of his tail, I think it'd be easiest to have him flying, jabbing his tail out at players when they're close enough to him.
[hr]
Anyways, these are just ideas for attacks for if/when he comes to the server.[hr]
Semper Fi, OORAH! :salute:
My Classes In MMs2:

DM-Tourian
DM-DarkAgonWastes
DM-CargoTrain
DW_Bomzin
Site Admin
Xfire: bomzin

So does the monster already exist.That is the hard part I think. Been trying to get this guy in as a boss for years, no ones been able to pull it off.

@nt
Pro but Noob

Maybe you could use the maledict from ME and re-texture it to make it more Ridley-like. Making it so that he sometimes divebombs you like bloodwing from borderlands 2 would be some real scary shit as well.
I like cookies...
BrianTheCorrupt
Killer in Training

After playing some Metal Gear Solid 4 and Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (2: Sons of Liberty; 3: Snake Eater; Peace Walker), I had the thought for at least 2 possible Minibosses: Metal Gear Rex from MGS1, and Metal Gear Ray from MGS2.
[hr]
As for Rex, I remember battling that Nuclear Bipedal Tank a lot years ago in MGS1 (And using it in MGS4). The Arsenal was as follows:
  • A pair of 30mm Gatling-Guns for Medium Range combat.
  • Anti-Tank Missiles for Medium-Long Ranges.
  • Free-Electron Laser for Close-Medium Ranges.
  • A Magnetic Railgun launching a Nuclear Warhead** for Long-Extreme Ranges.
  • Stomp Attack (Street-Fighter mode kicks in MGS4) for Immediate-Close Ranges.
If Rex were to be made, I think that the Damage Taken by each attack type would get progressively higher as the list goes down. It would make for a good Miniboss (without teleporting) for the varying ranges that some maps allow.
**In the case of UT2004, fires a Redeemer.

As for methods of attacking it, Rex could either take damage on all locations, like every other monster, or have 2 weak points that could cause massive damage if they're hit in consecutive order:
  1. The Radome, if damaged enough (and causing 2x the normal damage), would open the cockpit of Rex to allow attacking of it's Pilot.
  2. The Cockpit itself with the Pilot (causing 3x normal damage if hit).
Maneuverability should be limited to Walking (but Big Strides), Dashing/Dodging to Evade, and a Decently Sized Single Jump only to mimic it's original movements.
[hr]
As for Ray, this was a bit harder to single out since there were Multiple Rays in MGS2. The Arsenal was as follows:
  • Unspecified (but assuming 30mm) Caliber Cannons for Medium Range combat.
  • Missile System for Medium-Long Ranges.
  • Water Jet Cutter for Close-Medium Ranges.
  • Maneuverable, Long Tail for Immediate-Close Ranges.
  • Stomp Attack for Immediate Ranges.
Again, Increasing Damage as the list goes down.

Attacking it could be a bit more difficult since it's 2nd Weak Point would seal back up after a few (but rewarding) seconds, but can be forced open again if hitting the 1st:
  1. The Legs, rendering it immobile for a few seconds (causing 2x damage if hit).
  2. The 'Mouth' that opens for the Water Jet Cutter (causing 3x damage if hit).
Maneuverability should also be limited on ray with Walking (again, big Strides), Dashing/Dodging to Evade, and a Large (Higher and Further than Rex's) Single Jump to match it's capabilities to the original.
[hr]
Anyways, I thought to post these 2 ideas and see what kind of feedback I could get on them (as I thought they were cool :scool: ).
My Classes In MMs2:

DM-Tourian
DM-DarkAgonWastes
DM-CargoTrain