Here we go again

Post any issues or suggestions you may have with the website or forums here.
DW_Bomzin
Site Admin
Xfire: bomzin

So due to recent problems we are forced to upgrade the website once again. We were not quite ready and have a couple of issues to work through. In all honesty the code here is fubar and is all going to get redone from scratch again. So bear with for the coming time while we sort this out.

If it's something major go ahead and post it up here. Like the <contact us> not working yet on the front page. If it's something that looks like it may be fixed when site gets rebuild, let it go. I found a 404 trying to get to PM"S but trying them a different way got me there. You may find some 404's if you look hard enough.

Some images that were uploaded as attachments to the server I think will just be lost for good and we will also have broken internal links to other thread due to URL rewrites being different. I don't know if this is a big enough deal to even try to fix. Easier then getting those attachments back though.

On the last site we had a Joomla user management system on the front page bridged to the Phpbb forums. This will not be coming back, atleast not anytime soon. We are going to a straight user management based here on the forums, once all the other problems get worked out we will work on pimping out this side of it alittle bit more.

What I could use is any input on what you would like to see. Not to happy about the chat on the front page and the captcha and thinking I may just move the shout box to the forums? Comments and critiques are appreciated, when we rebuild we will aim for this same look barring being persuaded a different way.
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

Thank you for all the time and effort you guys are putting in behind the scenes to getting the site up and running again!
DW_Wine_Flu
DW Clan Member

DW_WailofSuicide wrote:Thank you for all the time and effort you guys are putting in behind the scenes to getting the site up and running again!
agreed. looks nice already
Generic Humorous Forum Sig
AS-Cubes4All > AS-TorlanEvolution > AS-OpportunityKnocks > AS-BP2-AcatanaEvolution
høerb
Killer in Training

DW_Wine_Flu wrote:
DW_WailofSuicide wrote:Thank you for all the time and effort you guys are putting in behind the scenes to getting the site up and running again!
agreed. looks nice already
agree too !
Do what is needed to get/keep site invulnereable.
No problem with "registered shouts" myself
Mainpage is for first information, if you want to interact with the community, one should register

thx4all
christmas
1337 Haxor

it looks great imo from my experience with hundreds of forums i browse all these years... i like the style, layout etc

what I dont like is the coloring with the fixed background image...if it was up to me I would either change the red colour text font, or increase font, or choose different font (larger) or go with Bold...while yellow, green and white text color with the background looks fine to me and its very easy to catch....

the previous version of the forum (layout related) was more ergonomic to me, maybe its until i get used to this version, but definitely looked older...
i like the 4 tabs at top.

great job overall, well done!!!

:salute: