New UT3 maps built with invasion in mind & exclusive to MM3

All things related to the UT3 RPG Monster Mash 3 server
a_better_player
Killer in Training

I started this map a year ago without much idea of map building at all, having previously only done a couple of Half-Life maps that were never really finished.

So, due to illness and desperately needing something to focus my mind on I thought I would build some UT3 maps, I've always enjoyed the Invasion MOD and ran a small dedicated 2k4 internet server a few years ago so was no stranger to the MOD.

Bla.. Bla.. long story short.

[glow=red]DM-INV-Satan's-Grotto[/glow] is finished, well, finished enough for the Admins to play test it and tell me what needs changing and there's bound to be something.

The map is based on a "Defend the Base" scenario so very Team oriented and it's a lot harder than it looks, you'll need that Monster Scanner for sure. This has been played to death and tweaked to ensure it works for noobs, campers and the hardened Kill or be Killed players. I still enjoy playing it even now, (well I would I made it) and I hope you will too.

I've enjoyed playing on the MM3 server but it seems to be lacking in interest as I hardly see anyone on there so I'm really hoping this first map will rekindle the flames a little and bring folks back to MM3. I've already started another Invasion Map which is also exclusive to MM3 and with any luck I'll get it finished quicker than the last one :)

I'll post a link for a you-tube vid later or some screenies or whatever I'm aloud to do here and I hope you like it, well at least enough to give it a go if it gets accepted.

ABP
DW_Fry
DW Clan Member

Great! I'm glad to see you're interested in the game, and in making maps. I'd love to take a look at it, add a few of the non-standard objects and path nodes required, and throw it up onto the server to check out.

It's been a while and a hard drive crash since I've worked with UT3, I'll have to reinstall everything and the associated mods to get the tools I'll need.
(Under Team Deathmatch)
a_better_player
Killer in Training

Hi DW_Fry,

That's great, if you just let me know when you got yourself set up again and I'll PM you a download link where you can DL it in seconds.
File size is 24.7Mb if I remember right so too big for me to email as my UL speed is too slow.

Cheers,
ABP
Firefox

Hi
Would be great to have another map up, and I have seen and played on it. Hes put a lot of imagination into this its a good map indeed just hope the MM community feel the same way.
I am very proud of him for what he has achieved :)
Regards
Foxy
a_better_player
Killer in Training

Thanks Foxy. :skiss:

@ DW_Fry: That reminds me why not join us on my invasion dev server, you'll need my IP as my dev server is not advertised. I'll try and PM it to you.

Done it, I guess you'll need the map first so let me know when you're ready.
Last edited by a_better_player on Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
a_better_player
Killer in Training

Some screenshots to maybe get some juices flowing. :D

There's more to this map than this but I wanted to keep something back coz I like giving surprises.

Regs,
ABP
a_better_player
Killer in Training

Here's a link to a short Vid showing about 2 waves of action.
If I make it look easy it's probably because I'm RPG level 190 and it's a low wave.

[BBvideo 560,340]http://youtu.be/eI7VbTWR2JI[/BBvideo]
a_better_player
Killer in Training

DW_Fry wrote:Great! I'm glad to see you're interested in the game, and in making maps. I'd love to take a look at it, add a few of the non-standard objects and path nodes required, and throw it up onto the server to check out.

It's been a while and a hard drive crash since I've worked with UT3, I'll have to reinstall everything and the associated mods to get the tools I'll need.

Sup Dude?
I guess you didn't stumble across your PM's lately.

Well do ya like it or not?
Firefox

I am disapointed to see there has been no more response to this map from DW guys. It would be great to have a new map on the UT3 server afterall there is a server message saying we need maps. Its sad that when someone specifically builds a map for the server and nothing comes of it.
a_better_player
Killer in Training

Yeah, I'm gutted.
I wouldn't care if someone said your map is crap or not suitable for our server or even are you serious? But to just leave me hanging, not knowing the reason for having no reply is just very poor indeed.

Maybe I shouldn't give up but try another contact at DW?