DM-CargoTrain (DM-TechTrain enhanced clone)

Here's a specific forum for discussing potential maps, maps that need a vacation and optimizations and modifications for better playability.
BrianTheCorrupt
Killer in Training

Another Map Project that I've started a few months back, and as the name suggests, it borrows the concept of DM-TechTrain.

There are differences between my Cargo Train and the Tech Train on the server, one of them being size. DM-CargoTrain Is far larger in size and scale, so it'll take longer to get to a desired location, but I've addressed this with somewhat safe zones in just about every train car so far.
[offtopic]I've actually had to extend the length of the map very early on due to the size of everything I was making, tripling the length of the train.[/offtopic]

I've not added any BlockingVolumes as of yet (which was a major problem in DM-TechTrain with the Target Painter), nor do I really want to. This does present an issue for players that may be pushed/pulled off the train by a number of monsters as I've made the ground beneath the train a ConvoyPhysicsVolume. I'd like to know if it's like the KillZ-property (which kills players no matter what, even with Ghost), killing players with Ghost. If so, I'll edit it to be something compatible with the Ghost Mechanic.

So far, I've gotten about 7 train cars built and plan for at least 3-5 more. I've still got a lot to do in terms of Weapon Spawns/Lockers, Pickups, and Geometry Building.

[offtopic]I plan on having references to some Quotes some of my friends on MMs2 that have been said, whether it'd be by objects or text in the map. Credit will be given to those who've made Quotes that I'll use in the map, with permission from them of course.[/offtopic]

I've also added a couple of ScriptedTriggers with linked UseTriggers to the map (which I learned how to do from deciphering Jefe's [Disastrous Consequences Server Admin] Triggers on DM-SnowboundPark, in which I give credit to Jefe for that), which I'll use some base game music and some outside music. I'll probably add a few from Project AM2R (which can be Downloaded from my post of that Project) because I like some of the music personally.

I'm more than likely overambitious with having 3 Map Projects now, but I like to open the Editor when I get inspiration. Hopefully I'll be able to post screenshots of the map.

Anyways, I'll try to keep this updated when I make some decent progress on the map. Semper Fi :salute:
My Classes In MMs2:

BrianTheCorrupt - M/MM: Lv 638
BrianTheEnraged - AM: Lv 708
BrianTheGunzerkr - WM: Lv 318

My Map Projects (All on hold):
DM-Tourian
DM-DarkAgonWastes
DM-CargoTrain
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

How far along are you Brian? I'd be curious to see some screenshots. I always wanted to do an update to TechTrain that removed some of the major annoying elements of that map.
BrianTheCorrupt
Killer in Training

[quote="DW_WailofSuicide"]How far along are you Brian? I'd be curious to see some screenshots. I always wanted to do an update to TechTrain that removed some of the major annoying elements of that map.[/quote]

I'd say I'm about 40-50% done with all the geometry building. I've only got about 2 weapons so far with ammo pickups next to them (which they are going to end up scattered for Magic Copying purposes, but I'll eventually add Weapon Lockers). I've still got a lot of StaticMeshs to add to fill up the map a bit to make it look like an actual Cargo Train.
This is actually not an update to DM-TechTrain, but rather my variation on the concept, so I started from scratch with DM-CargoTrain.

As for screenshots, I'll have to take a few as I've not done so yet. Hopefully I'll figure out how to upload sometime and post the links to them.
My Classes In MMs2:

BrianTheCorrupt - M/MM: Lv 638
BrianTheEnraged - AM: Lv 708
BrianTheGunzerkr - WM: Lv 318

My Map Projects (All on hold):
DM-Tourian
DM-DarkAgonWastes
DM-CargoTrain
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin
Xfire: KarmaKat

Go go Brian-mapper! :cheers: :cheers:

Looking forward to seeing DM-CargoTrain!

KKat
:flower:
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...