Monster Evolution Wiki Generator

Anything and everything related to the Evolution server.
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

I've built a script that reads data from Monster Evolution, and produces wiki content.
You can find the wiki here: http://dwmonstermash.pbworks.com/w/page ... /FrontPage

Being a new script, it's likely that issues will come up. If you find any issues from the auto generated content, please post here.

Here's a list of known issues:
  • Screenshots are missing. This wasn't added since it takes too much time to take screenshots in game, upload them, and map urls with IDs. I'll get to this whenever time permits.
  • Missing monster references. Some of the spawners destroy themselves before the wiki generator runs (due to chance to spawn property). The example case is in Jumpship. There should be a Minigun Air Drone reference in Jumpship.
  • Spawned weapons in mid game could be missing. If a weapon spawns in mid game (such as Colosseum's weapons), they may be missed.
  • There are references to AVRiL some maps (such as Zoo).
  • Missing monster special fields. Some of the special fields are hand placed. Right now they're ignored since we're going through iterations.
A nice to have feature is to run a script that will copy files and paste them to the wiki for me. It takes way to much time to go through 200+ pages, find the associated file, open the source (which could take minutes for complicated pages), paste it. Without this functionality, iteration time will be slow (which would discourage frequent updates).

I'd like to add protected fields in the wiki generator so that manually edited content will not be replaced by wiki generator. Example is the monster special fields.

At the time of this posting, only the OSM, Satore, WOS, Air Drones, and Bio Bud monsters are populated. Only a few maps are populated.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

I've heard interest in people building maps for the server so I decided to finish up on the copy/paste work. All monsters and maps in the wiki now has data. Level designers can refer those pages to get individual monster technical notes (such as the monster name in roster, class name, and package).

I think players may like this data, too. Reading the monster's elemental damage, type, and attributes could help them better prepare for encounters.

At some point, I would like to fill out the special fields to mention unique characteristics of the monster.
Examples: Summons minions, teleports, wall climbing, ridable, feigns death, deploys shield, guided projectiles, multi shot, suspends from ceiling, cannot drown, etc...

Some of the special fields were auto generated (such as Always zero score, flies, and cannot be revived).
If you're bored, and you'll like to fill out screenshots or special attributes for individual monsters, you're welcomed to do so.

Enjoy!
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466