Maps for invasion server

Check out Death Warrant's Invasion Server
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

I'm not against sharing information, but no one really asked.
But before folks start spoiling, I would advise for you to find them on your own (or at least try so) by searching online or on your local machine. When you're at the edge of giving up, then I would ask.
But since you did bring this up, what secret are you looking for? I may not give you a direct answer, but I may provide clues and helpful leads for you to find it ;)
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

Xfire: KarmaKat

jesuslovesmic wrote:is there a forum that discusses secrets and maps...kind find one using search...would like to know where some secrets are in some maps...no fun when 1 person knows and others dont....yes i know u can say well its a secret...but thats just lame...if that the case, y should u let ppl copy ur weps? isnt that the same? anyways would be cool to see a forum about "maps/secrets you found" anyway have fun and happy fragging
Sorry, no there isn't, nor will there be, a forum or thread for map secrets. That would defeat the very purpose of them being secret in the first place. It's not lame, it is how the mapper made the map. What -is- lame is the one person who knows the tricks not helping his teammates. Not letting your teammates copy weapons is also lame not to mention just plain selfish....sadly that's how some peeps are these days. However, asking to copy energy weapons any time after about wave 10 on a map with limited adren will probably get you nowhere..even with the most generous of AMs! ;)

None of the secret rooms in the Monster Mash maps are vital to winning that particular map. In fact, we discourage or in some instances flat out refuse to allow mappers to stick secret rooms into maps for the sole purpose of loading them up with every pickup imaginable, instant spawn super weapons or to provide totally safe spots. Yes, there are a few maps on the server that are like this...they're there for variety's sake, not because we wholeheartedly endorse them. There are also some maps on the servers that have what I'd term "brain teasers", which require you to think -AND- cooperate with your fellow players. Never forget that Monster Mash is a team game...the best chances you have for beating Lucifer and winning the map lie in teamwork.

KKat

:flower:
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
DW_Cheapshot
DW Clan Member

Yes it is lame.
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Emerson
DW_Cheapshot
DW Clan Member

Just remember there are secretes placed in maps to be shared by the mapper and his buddies. If we recognize this in a map it will be removed from the server or the map will be modified. Then there are maps that have puzzles, they can be fascinating for many of the players. There are those of us who want to kill monsters without the puzzles, in most cases we can do this with no problem. If you are like me and cant find your way out of a wet paper bag you can always skip the map. One solution I find that works is going to the other server. What ever works for you Have fun. Cheap
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Emerson
Anonymouse
1337 Haxor

Another attempt in making a map. So here it goes:
DM-SydneyINV-v2
It's quite a thrill, and the secret room is impossible to get out unless you have a teleporter. :devil:.
It comes with a miniboss at wave 2 and its fairly weak. So tell me if it's an acceptable map for the invasion please. :stongue:
(Sorry if i can't find the proper topic to post maps in)
DW_Bomzin
Site Admin
Xfire: bomzin

sshhh don't tell anyone . You have a UT editor that will let you open the map.... :sworried:
Anonymouse
1337 Haxor

Oh, I know what you're talking about.. I'm not sure if there's any way to fix it unless you scramble the viewports and have every each one on a different view (Textured, Dynamic, etc.)

Edit: after reading this a few years into the future, I really make myself laugh.
Last edited by Anonymouse on Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

There are several ways to conceal your secrets in the editor. Unfortunately I cannot share it here.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

Xfire: woutister

Well I made a map so far with a secret, you'll need some teamwork to get in is that a problem?
[glow=red]Death smiles at us all, all a man can do is smile back.[/glow]
Anonymouse
1337 Haxor

{esg}*Tiger* wrote:Well I made a map so far with a secret, you'll need some teamwork to get in is that a problem?
So far a secret is always supposed to be hard to open, besides isn't this a team game? Why do we have medics in the first place :swhew:. But one problem, you take note that if you need a team to open, then almost everybody will want to get it because they already know. :ssurprised: