Mash More Monsters (nOOb invasion strategy guide)

Check out Death Warrant's Invasion Server

Whats your favorite RPG invasion class

Weapon Master
34%
Medic/Monster Master
38%
Adrenaline Master
29%

Total votes: 125
DW_Hornet
DW Clan Member

You need to be a monster medic (its a subclass of medics), sometimes Adrenaline/Weapon masters will get the bar for no reason. You just need to cycle through your artifacts (there will be monster summoning charms) and use the activate artifact key (U by default). Other then the points and adrenaline requirements. You may need to summon your creatures in a more open area. There will be a chat message sent if this is a problem.
DW_Snaggle
DW Clan Member

The first number indicates the total points for *active* friendlies. The second indicates the maximum total points you can have active. So you need to spawn a friendly monster to start 'using' the points. If a razor-fly requires 3 points (I have no idea if that's right) then when you spawn one you should see your meter read: 3/5

Based on that, you can spawn any number of friendlies that don't take your active total over your max. If your max was 6, then you could have 2 of the above monsters active at the same time (2 x 3 = 6). Or even a 4-pt monster & a 2-pt monster. Or 3 2-pt monsters. You get the idea. All you need is the adren & ability.

I assume you know how to spawn a friendly monster. If not, then you would locate the appropriate artifact on the left side of the HUD and then press the 'U' key (assuming you have enough adren). The monster should appear right next to you with a green halo.

HTH.

Snaggle.
emailbo
Camper

Oh, ic snaggle I was thinking of it wrong. Thanks guys I'll try it out.
Mr.Dick
Killer in Training

I have a couple of slight corrections i want to add to the medic and adren master build. I believe that Denial lvl 3 is the low lvl Adrenaline Master's best friend!!! That way, you won't lose any weapons you make during the game, so you will always have that infinite link with which you will link up to a high level player and get TONS of experience on Luci.

The other correction I would like to add is about the Medic. Getting Loaded Medic lvl 3 is not that expensive and it gives you 50 more hp than loaded medic lvl 2. It is worth it for low level players to buy since you start with 100 hp. That extra 50 HP is another 50% of your starting hp, so BUY IT!
Do not worry if you hate your life, I´m sure it hates you just as much.
Scourge

adre masters sound interesting and fun. but can they also have loaded weapons? maybe up to lvl 2 or something? cuz i wanna hve some firepower as well.
d2frob
1337 Haxor

IMO for fast early levelling

Medics

Loaded medics lvl 3
105 weapon speed
rest on damage bonus

keep topping up damage bonus until maxed then work on health bonus and damage reduction.

Adrenaline

This requires a bit of skill/knowledge of the maps as you are very vulnerable for a long time.

Loaded artifacts lvl 3
max weapon speed
25 adren + adren drip
damage bonus

The weapon of choice is Infinite MP5 and triple damage. The first few levels should fly by and you need to aim to get to 150 adren + lvl 2 adren drip, adren surge and energy leech.

Downside is that it will be a long time before you can fight in the same style as the tanking adren masters as you wont have the ammo bonus or resupply but you can still top the scoreboards from about lvl 30 ;)

Weapon masters - I have no idea, it's just so slow heh
DW_BrainPan
DW Clan Member

Here's my cent and a third (would be 2 but I don't have an adren character yet):

For all characters:

IMO the 2 most important abilities initially are WEAPON SPEED and DAMAGE BONUS. Its a straight forward equation -- experience raises levels > damage to monsters gets you experience > hitting them faster and harder does them more damage. Max these out early (I vote for maxing wep speed right off the bat).

Another extremely useful skill is AWARENESS. It's not that expensive (20 pts and at least 5 pts in each ability) and it greatly increases your ability to see monsters on the map. (granted this is coming from a color blind guy who has trouble discerning some of the monsters from the background, but I have talked with other players and they all agree that it helps a lot)

Another great ability is GHOST. You won't get this till later, but it is one of the most valuable things you can buy (ask anyone who has it). I shoot for getting this somewhere around level 100 (depending on class).

Medics:
To add to Rob's suggestions....
1. consider awareness
2. If your not quite as good as Rob (he's good), consider ADRENAL DRIP LVL1. It can help if you die and respawn in later levels and have to duck and cover to survive. You can just wait in hiding and make you MP5 into a medic weapon.
3. Like he said LOADED MEDIC LVL3 -- it allows you to heal players to 50 beyond what health pickups would heal them (i.e 150 above their normal health). And yes, the player you will heal most often is yourself.

A general note on medics -- Get ADVANCED DAMAGE REDUCTION before regular damage reduction (It gives you 4% per 5 points spent vs the 2.5% per 5 points you get from regular DR).

Also.... IMO Summoned Monsters are useless, but if you want to get them wait until you are strong before getting them. If YOU have trouble getting kills your monsters will be giving paper cuts (if they even hit anything). Also get intelligence for them FIRST (a dumb monster makes a better door than a window and a completely useless killing machine).

Weapon Masters:

Only a few general notes here, as there is so much to buy and you need it all yesterday.

1.WEAPON SPEED, DAMAGE BONUS
2. consider AWARENESS
3. Don't get more than 1 (perhaps 2) levels of REGENERATION (It will not help you at all while fighting, only while hiding -- spend the points elsewhere)
4. get REGULAR DAMAGE BONUS before ADVANCED DAMAGE BONUS (it gives 2.5% per 5 points vs 1% per 5 points of ADB).
5. HEALTH BONUS and VAMPIRISM balance each other (too much of one and not enough of the other is pointless)
6. RESUPPLY and AMMO BONUS also balance each other to an extent, but Resupply is more valuable -- Max it
7.8.9.10...... Of course, don't forget LOADED WEAPONS and DAMAGE REDUCTION and GHOST.........and all the rest.
(like I said - so much to buy)
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who read binary, and everyone else.
4013 is only a FAD
And 2989? Well that's just BAD
d2frob
1337 Haxor

I'd like to add that when you start a character, don't expect people to vote all the easy maps for you, don't whine when a hard map is voted and most of all DO NOT SIT AROUND UNTIL WAVE 16 - make the most of the early waves it's what they're there for!

PS. A running commentary of your game using voice chat will get you muted by the majority of players.
DW_BrainPan
DW Clan Member

Here are some tips for getting a medic to heal you:

If you have a mic:
1. Don't just say "I need a medic", tell them where you are.
ex. "I need a medic on top of the red triangle."
2. If the medic is right next to you, call them by name.
ex. "Hey Dr. Spock, can you heal me please?"

If you don't have a mic:
1. Start with the voice command menu (press V...5...0...6 ), or bind this to a key (open console with ~ then type "Set Input X Speech OTHER 30" -- replacing X with the key of your choice). This should get their attention (cuz they'll hear "Medic") and it might give them all the info they need, because it will tell them who you are and might tell them where you are.....but it might not - if it doesn't, follow up with a text message telling them where you are (as best you can).
2. If they're right next to you you can try shooting at them to get their attention (but use a weapon that is not too obnoxious like mp5 or shock).

General tips:
1. If you have a mic, but are one of those people who talk incessantly, you have most likely been muted by many players. You will have to use text to get a medic's attention.
2. Turn Auto Taunts OFF in your settings. No medic wants to hear "I'm on your team idiot" when they're healing you.
3. Most medics heal people up between waves...If they are shooting at you, stand still for a few seconds.
4. It's always nice to say "Please" and "Thank You".
Last edited by DW_BrainPan on Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who read binary, and everyone else.
4013 is only a FAD
And 2989? Well that's just BAD
Painless
Killer in Training

d2frob wrote:I'd like to add that when you start a character, don't expect people to vote all the easy maps for you, don't whine when a hard map is voted and most of all DO NOT SIT AROUND UNTIL WAVE 16 - make the most of the early waves it's what they're there for!
Incredibly wise words, there. It is better to kill some stuff and die trying than to get nothing because you DID nothing. The more people who are out and about, the easier it is for everyone, believe it or not.
Dyslexics are teople poo.