Mash More Monsters (nOOb invasion strategy guide)

Check out Death Warrant's Invasion Server

Whats your favorite RPG invasion class

Weapon Master
34%
Medic/Monster Master
38%
Adrenaline Master
29%

Total votes: 125
kryphos
DW Clan Member

Choose your path, soldier!!

In UT2004 RPG (druids version) you start by picking one of three classes depending on your style of play. Develop them well and you will soon have a monster masher on your hands. Each has different strengths so pick a type that fits your personality. (important abilities and attributes are listed in order of importance) Finally, this is only a suggestion, mash your own path through this monster mayhem.

Choose a class depending on you style of play:

Weapon masters:

Style:
If you play UT you are already one of these! These guys are the workhorses. If you like running in all guns blazing this is the class for you.

Important attributes:
Weapon speed
Damage bonus
Damage reduction
Health
Max ammo bonus
Adrenaline

Important abilities:
Resupply
Vampirism
Loaded Weapons
Denial
Regeneration
Ghost
Ultima (if you want retribution for your blood)
Advanced damage bonus

Strategy:
Know your enemies. Live so you can return to fight another day. If you find medics make sure to keep them alive. They will let you remain in the fray a whole lot longer. Protect the main camp, then mash the monsters out in the wild.

Buy 50 ammo bonus and resupply lvl 1 right away. Get a lot of damage bonus and weapon speed. Distribute evenly between the two for maximum effect. If you want to fight tougher monsters get damage reduction and health.

Medic/Monster masters:

Style:
And above all do no harm! Yeah riiight... Medics heal people and are good at holding camp. You get one weapon with unlimited ammo. You cannot resupply your other weapons. If you like switching weapons, this class is not for you.

Important attributes:
Weapon speed
Damage bonus
Damage reduction
Adrenaline

Important abilities:
Loaded medic
Advanced damage reduction
Experienced healing
Adrenaline drip
Loaded monsters
Monster Points
Regeneration

Strategy:
Keep your teammates alive and they will keep you alive. Get loaded medic lv2. Buy experienced healing lv1. Spend all remaining stat points on weapon speed and damage bonus in a 2:1 ratio. You will need 10 adrenaline to get a medic weapon. If you have trouble getting that, buy 25 max adrenaline bonus and get adrenal drip. Medics can also summon monsters to do their bidding. Summoning monsters requires 3 things. You need to have loaded monsters and monster points ability. Buying loaded monsters gives you summoning charms for different monsters depending on the level of loaded monsters you bought. The summoning charm will tell you how many monster points and how much adrenaline you need to summon that monster. If you don't have enough monster points buy more. Then get adrenaline and hit the use button to summon your monster mashing minions. Try to summon them at the beginning of a wave out in the open for maximum monster mashing.

Adrenaline masters:

Style:
"Wisdom over strength" is your standard! Stealth and craft are your best friends. If you like sneaky combat or heart stopping adrenaline rushing action, this is your class.

Important attributes:
Adrenaline
Weapon speed
Damage bonus

Important abilities:
Resupply
Loaded artifacts
Adrenal Drip
Denial
Adrenal Surge
Energy leech

Strategy:
Defeat the most dangerous monsters so that your teammates can guard you while you charge adrenaline for your next attack. Buy loaded artifacts lv3. Buy 50 ammo bonus and lv2 resupply. Buy 75 adrenaline and adrenal drip lv1. Spend the rest on damage bonus. You will be hurting for stat points for a long time. You need to get a whole slew of abilities and attributes which you don't have enough stat points for at the start. This includes the following: Adrenal drip lv3, Denial level 3, 150 adrenaline bonus, resupply lv4, weapon speed 200, damage bonus 300. Use your globe of invulnerability and triple damage to your advantage. Take advantage of weaker monsters to get xp points. Rely on medics to heal you up. Save your adrenaline for more important activities, such as getting better magical weapons and charging artifacts. Be sure to reward helpful friends with good weapons and artifacts you don't use. At higher levels charge the globe of invulnerability and mash monsters mindlessly.
Last edited by kryphos on Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kryphos a.k.a DW>K
choose your path: The way of peace or the way of WAR
only one destination: TOTAL ANNIHILATION!
DW_Nutcracker
DW Clan Member

WOW!!!! I am very Impressed! Thank You Sooooooooo Much for taking the time to post this! Great Work! :cheers:
zeus
1337 Haxor

Some other info taken from various web pages:

MAGIC WEAPON LIST

(Additional info)
Damage A weapon with no text, only a + rating (e.g. "Rocket Launcher +3") does 10% more damage for each + (so a Bio Rifle +3 is 30% more damage).
Protection You take 10% less damage for each + while holding this weapon.
Force Projectiles shot by this weapon are 20% faster for each +.
Piercing Damage from this weapon ignores shields.
Penetrating Hitscan shots fired by this weapon go through any players they hit (like the zoom instagib beam does).
Infinity This weapon has infinite ammo.
Sturdy Enemy fire can't push you around while holding this weapon.
Luck While holding this weapon, fortune smiles upon you. Useful pickups seem to materialize out of thin air in front of you!
Misfortune You aren't so lucky with this weapon. For some reason, pickups seem to spontaneously combust right before you get to them.
Poison This weapon poisons those hit with it, causing additional damage to them over time.
Energy/Draining This weapon gives/takes adrenaline equal to 2% of the damage caused by it for each +/-.

ARTIFACT LIST

(Artifacts consume adrenaline while in use)
Globe of Invulnerability God mode on command. But watch out - it uses your adrenaline fast!
Triple Damage This fabled artifact is the big brother to the double damage.
Boots of Flight Enables the wearer to fly! Useful when needed to escape or reach difficult places.
Lightning Rod This artifact will strike at your enemies with weak but fast firing lightning bolts so long as they are in your sight. The amount of adrenaline used is proportional to the number of targets in range.
Teleporter This cousin to the translocator will warp you to a random location. Has a 1 second delay before teleported. A cowards best friend.
Summoning Charm This artifact will summon a monster to aid you. It will follow you around and attack any enemies it sees. The amount of adrenaline used depends on the monster summoned (which is chosen at random).

Adrenal Drip Gives 1 adrenaline per 5 seconds per level. Does not give adrenaline while
performing a combo. You must have spent 25 points in your Adrenaline Max stat for each
level of this ability you want to purchase. (Max Level: 3)
Adrenal Surge For each level of this ability, you gain 50% more adrenaline from all kill
related adrenaline bonuses. You must have a Damage Bonus of at least 50 and an
Adrenaline Max stat at least 150 to purchase this ability. (Max Level: 2)
Airmaster Increases your air control by 50% per level. You must be a Level equal to ten
times the ability level you wish to have before you can purchase it. (Max Level: 4)
Resupply Adds 1 ammo per level to each ammo type you own every 3 seconds. Does not give
ammo to superweapons or the translocator. You must have a Max Ammo stat of at
least 50 to purchase this ability. (Max Level: 4)
Awareness Informs you of your enemies' health with a display over their heads. At level 1
you get a colored indicator (green, yellow, or red). At level 2 you get a colored health
bar and a shield bar. You need to have at least 5 points in every stat to purchase this
ability. (Max Level: 2)
CounterShove Whenever you are damaged by another player, 25% of the momentum per level (or
150% at level 5) is also done to the player who hurt you. Will not CounterShove
a CounterShove. You must have a Damage Reduction of at least 50 to purchase this
ability. (Max Level: 5)
Speed Switcher

For each level of this ability, you switch weapons 50% faster. You need to have
at least 50 Weapon Speed before you can purchase this ability. (Max Level: 2)
Ghost The first time each spawn that you take damage that would kill you, instead of
dying you will become non-corporeal and move to a new location, where you will
continue your life. At level 1 you will move slowly as a ghost and return with a health
of 1. At level 2 you will move somewhat more quickly and will return with 100 health. At
level 3 you will move fastest and will return with your normal starting health. You need
to have at least 200 Health Bonus and 100 Damage Reduction to purchase this ability. You
can't have both Ghost and Ultima at the same time. (Max Level: 3)
Hoarding Allows you to pick up items even if you don't need them. You need to have at
least 5 points in every stat to purchase this ability. (Max Level: 1)
Power Jump Increases your jumping height by 10% per level. The Speed adrenaline combo will
stack with this effect. You must be a Level equal to ten times the ability level
you wish to have before you can purchase it. (Max Level: 3)
Monster Tongue With this ability, you can convince monsters to come to your aid. A monster will
appear and follow you around, attacking any enemies it sees, and if it dies, another
will eventually come to take its place. You will get the score and EXP for any of its
kills. The level of the ability determines the type of monster that will assist you.
Additionally, the monster will have the benefits of all of your stats and abilities except
those which act on your death. You must have at least 75 Damage Bonus and 75 Damage
Reduction to purchase this ability. (Max Level: 8)
Denial The first level of this ability simply prevents you from dropping a weapon when
you die (but you don't get it either). The second level allows you to respawn with the
weapon and ammo you were using when you died. You need to be at least Level 25 to
purchase this ability. (Max Level: 2)
Iron Legs Increases the distance you can safely fall by 25% per level and reduces fall
damage for distances still beyond your capacity to handle. Your Health Bonus stat must
be at least 50 to purchase this ability. (Max Level: 4)
Cautiousness Reduces self damage by 15% per level. Your Health Bonus stat must be at least 50
and your Damage Reduction stat at least 25 to purchase this ability. (Max Level: 5)
Regeneration Heals 1 health per second per level. Does not heal past starting health amount.
You must have a Health Bonus stat equal to 30 times the ability level you wish to
have before you can purchase it. (Max Level: 5)
Retaliation Whenever you are damaged by another player, 5% of the damage per level is also
done to the player that hurt you. Your Damage Bonus stat and your oponent's
Damage Reduction stat are applied to this extra damage. You can't retaliate to
retaliation damage. You must have a Damage Reduction of at least 50 to purchase this
ability. (Max Level: 10)
Shields Up! Increases your maximum shield by 25 per level. You must have a Health Bonus stat
of 100 before you can purchase this ability. (Max Level: 4)
Smart Healing Causes healing items to heal you an addition 25% per level. You need to have a
Health Bonus stat of at least 50 and a Max Ammo stat of at least 25 to purchase
this ability. (Max Level: 4)
Quickfoot Increases your speed in all environments by 5% per level. The Speed adrenaline
combo will stack with this effect. You must be a Level equal to ten times the
ability level you wish to have before you can purchase it. (Max Level: 4)
Ultima This ability causes your body to release energy when you die. The energy will
collect at a single point which will then cause a Redeemer-like nuclear explosion. Level
2 of this ability causes the energy to collect for the explosion in half the time.
The ability will only trigger if you have killed at least one enemy during your life. You need to
have a Damage Bonus stat of at least 250 to purchase this ability. You can't have both
Ultima and Ghost at the same time. (Max Level: 2)
Vampirism Whenever you damage another player, you are healed for 5% of the damage per
level (up to your starting health amount + 50). You can't gain health from self-damage
and you can't gain health from damage caused by the Retaliation ability. You must
have a Damage Bonus of at least 50 to purchase this ability. (Max Level: 10)
DW_Nutcracker
DW Clan Member

Couple of quick notes...

Players who have Ultima....be careful where u stand when you die. This redeemer like explosion has the ability to break other people's trans. (I was playing Train Station and was hiding up top, a rock hit me and when my Ultima went off it broke 7 people's trans up there, which left 7 stranded players at the bottom during a Titan wave)

Cheap and I have came to the conclusion that Lucky Weapons seem to only spawn what the carrier needs. So for example if your trying to spawn 10 Adren to help a medic create a medic weapon it won't spawn if your Adren is Full.

For Weapons Master- Summoing Charm only summons a Warlord (or in my terms a "Fluffy") :clown:
Purity_the_Kitty
1337 Haxor

None of the above, for me. My class is and will always be Suicide Bomber. Max increase damage, max ultima. The frag requisite is dead easy when you've got that much damage and a minigun, then you run in and take as much crap out for your team as possible. The other thing that is useful for this build is movement speed - you want to be able to get to your best death zone BEFORE you explode. SAVE YOUR ADRENALINE! Use the Speed combo only when you really need it. Note that you're also very good at hitting objectives.

This build is only well-suited to ninja players like myself, who can dodge well and move with great agility. Besides, when you do damage like that, just use a minigun, you don't NEED to aim! ;)

On maps like chase, where there isn't as much use for it, I tend to find my happy place and a nice sniper rifle. :cat:
zeus
1337 Haxor

Purity_the_Kitty wrote:None of the above, for me. My class is and will always be Suicide Bomber. Max increase damage, max ultima. The frag requisite is dead easy when you've got that much damage and a minigun, then you run in and take as much crap out for your team as possible. The other thing that is useful for this build is movement speed - you want to be able to get to your best death zone BEFORE you explode. SAVE YOUR ADRENALINE! Use the Speed combo only when you really need it. Note that you're also very good at hitting objectives.

This build is only well-suited to ninja players like myself, who can dodge well and move with great agility. Besides, when you do damage like that, just use a minigun, you don't NEED to aim! ;)

On maps like chase, where there isn't as much use for it, I tend to find my happy place and a nice sniper rifle. :cat:
Ooopss.. We have switched games since you were here last... ;)

We are now playing Invasion not Assault. You really don't want to die in Invasion because then you are out for the wave. Better to snipe or hit and trans, than to suicide.
DW_Bomzin
Site Admin
Xfire: bomzin

sticky this thread
emailbo
Camper

I understand buying monster points but how do you save them up, ie I have a possible 5 points but my meter always says 0/5 so i cant seem to summon anything
DW_Hornet
DW Clan Member

To summon monsters you need to go through the artifacts. Other then monster points, you need the adren that it stats on the artifact. I believe the giant fly is like 5 monster points and 75 adren.
emailbo
Camper

But how do you get the monster point meter to fill up?

Mine is always at 0/5 , how do i get it to 5/5?