All discussions regarding our 20p ONS server with mutators
DW_ToxicWaste
Site Admin

You guys want this back?
* > Tommo
Tazcrosblade_
1337 Haxor

what was it?
Its Pronounced Taz-Cross-Blade, not Tazer-Blade, not Taz-Crows-Blade, not Taco-Blade, Taz-Cross-Blade
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin
Xfire: KarmaKat

DW_ToxicWaste wrote:You guys want this back?

For all of my previous reasons....and..ONS with Relics was pretty fun...who knows, it might appeal more to the RPG slanted players? :D

KKat
:flower:
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
Tazcrosblade_
1337 Haxor

rpg ons???? sounds intriguing, tell me more
Its Pronounced Taz-Cross-Blade, not Tazer-Blade, not Taz-Crows-Blade, not Taco-Blade, Taz-Cross-Blade
Jon!
1337 Haxor
Xfire: jonk27

that's not what karma was thinking I think he meant MM players would find it appealing but RPG ONS! Was the first thing I thought too! We would have to have player-friendly caps so it isn't crazy.
Last edited by Jon! on Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin

The Tricked Out server ran with the Relicz mutator...it would randomly spawn various powerup type items which had a timed effect...working similar to the double damage/quad damage items we use in Monster Mash. Like the Chalice of Health would give you 5 points of health every second up to a maximum of 150, or the Sword of Power which gave you a 50% increase in damage you dealt.

KKat
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
DW_ToxicWaste
Site Admin

You're in luck, I still have it.

However, I still feel it was haphazardly thrown together (because it was) and it probably needs more muts/focus.

I'll get it going again as soon as I can, but it needs improving.

I also found "Dead Serious" which was just a straight server with base maps for the serious folks, and also the karate server, which we never did a thing with.

Rich (TW)
* > Tommo
DW_BrainPan
DW Clan Member

Tazcrosblade_ wrote:rpg ons???? sounds intriguing, tell me more
May sound intriguing, but IMO RPG ONS SUX. It came out before rpg invasion (I believe) and I have played it a few times. Knowing how hard it is for low level players on MM to compete with the higher level players, just imagine starting a character on an rpg ons server and having to fight a team of (or even 1 or 2) high level players that can shoot a blazingly fast, super powerful, impossible to damage manta or raptor etc. (or just someone on foot who can pwn you every time you come near them). It SUX!
Toxic wrote:You're in luck, I still have it.

However, I still feel it was haphazardly thrown together (because it was) and it probably needs more muts/focus.

I'll get it going again as soon as I can, but it needs improving.

I also found "Dead Serious" which was just a straight server with base maps for the serious folks, and also the karate server, which we never did a thing with.
I think it would be worth trying out again. I think the "dead serious" server might be nice too, especially when SV gets packed and/or they get on a roll with the TMU maps.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who read binary, and everyone else.
4013 is only a FAD
And 2989? Well that's just BAD
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin

Yeah...level based RPG for ONS is a bad idea indeed! Totally agree with you on that one Brain...I've tried an RPG TAM server too...same issues apply...it's only fun if everyone's about the same level as you. The stuff that was on Tricked Out were just items that you could pick up for what ever powerup they gave you for a limited time...dang..I can't remember what all else we had running in there...so many games ago! ;)

KKat
Anonymouse
1337 Haxor

How about custom vehicles? I always wanted for my map(s) to be tested/enjoyed :sevilgrin:. And how about :sevilgrin: trials Ons? Nobody ever tried making trials enabled Ons b4 :swink:.
And one more thing, I heard there is like this mod where in certain spots of a map, kangroos are added and they travel in flocks.. lol